Crunchy vegetables, summer sausage, and salty feta are combined with cooked pasta, then drizzled with Greek dressing for this easy and delicious potluck summer salad!
You may not believe it, but here’s how it happened –
One fine summer morning,
Amy wondered what to make for lunch.
Because she wondered,
She entered her pantry.
Upon entering her pantry,
She noticed the little can of black olives.
Because of those black olives,
She thought of making Tapenade,
But she didn’t have any crackers.
The crackers made her think of cheese.
The cheese got her contemplating Macaroni and Cheese,
But she didn’t have any elbow pasta.
The idea of pasta was strong and led her to the box of Rotini.
The Rotini swayed her to look for pasta sauce.
There wasn’t any pasta sauce to be found,
But in its place was Greek salad dressing.
The salad dressing pointed her toward the refrigerator,
Which included bell pepper, cucumber, and feta cheese.
Oh please, oh please, let there be some red onion in the basket.
Greek Summer Pasta Salad.
And that’s how it happened. Believe me, she mused.
A can of black olives needed to be used.
Greek Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 8 ounces sliced summer sausage
- 1 small red bell pepper , seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber , peeled and seeded, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives
- 4 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek Vinaigrette
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In the meantime, combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.