These Crustless Crab Quiche Bites are made with crab, Swiss cheese, and simple seasonings, resulting in great flavor and a creamy texture. They’re super easy to make and perfect as a snack or appetizer. Or pour all the filling into a pie plate and make one large quiche, if preferred!
Crustless Crab Quiche Recipe
Quiche is so versatile, made so many different ways. We love it with roasted vegetables, bacon, sausage, or ham. With a hash brown crust or traditional flour crust. You name it. Today I’m sharing another way – quiche with crab and no crust at all!
The egg custard takes minutes to whip up and without a crust, you’re looking at only 10 minutes of prep. Plus a short time in the oven since these are mini quiches made in a 24-slot mini muffin tin, so they cook quicker. Served as an appetizer, these always disappear fast!
This crab quiche with Swiss cheese calls for only a handful of simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Eggs – Our star ingredient. Can’t make quiche without eggs.
- Lump crab meat – You can buy this at the fish counter or canned. Or even use imitation crab meat (see note below.)
- Swiss cheese – Freshly shredded off the block for best flavor.
- Scallions – These add a subtle peppery onion flavor and a nice pop of color.
- Mayonnaise – Provides that creamy texture to the baked quiche bites.
- Whole milk – This helps make the eggs light and fluffy.
- Flour – Just a little flour is used to give the crustless quiche structure and bind it together.
- Sriracha sauce – This is a sweet and spicy chili sauce. It’s not spicy like Tabasco, but it does have some heat, and adds great bold flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce – Adds depth of flavor, and balances out the sweet, savory, and tangy taste.
- Salt and pepper – To season the dish.
- Use imitation crab instead. I can already hear people screaming from the next county over because I have the nerve to suggest imitation crab. HA. We like imitation crab, plus…way cheaper. And I actually love the slight sweetness it adds. There’s no shame in using it in place of real crab.
- Change the cheese. Monterey Jack cheese is a good substitute for the Swiss, if you prefer. I personally would avoid cheddar for this recipe, since it tends to overpower the delicate crab flavor.
- Spice it up! If you like your food spicy, you can add in a finely diced jalapeño pepper to the mixture or a little cayenne pepper.
How to Make this Mini Quiche Recipe
It’s so easy to make this crustless quiche recipe in just a few steps. Here’s a summary.
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Combine ingredients. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Fill a mini muffin tin. Evenly distribute the mixture among a greased 24 mini muffin tin.
- Bake. Bake at 350 degrees F until edges are puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. (If you notice the edges are browning too quickly, tent with foil.)
- Let stand and serve. Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from the muffin tins and enjoy!
- Storing leftovers. Allow any leftovers to cool completely, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze. Individually wrap them in plastic wrap. Store in a freezer-safe ziploc bag for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Reheat. Remove plastic wrap (if used.) Straight from the fridge, just microwave them for about 25 seconds or in a 350°F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
More Egg Recipes:
- Best Scrambled Eggs
- Chile Relleno Casserole
- Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Braid
- Tex-Mex Migas
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
Crustless Crab Quiche Bites
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 ounces lump crab meat (or imitation crab torn into small pieces)
- 4 whole scallions , diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 24 slot MINI muffin tin generously with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, flour, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and sriracha. Stir in the cheese, crab, and scallions.
- Evenly distribute the mixture among the slots (I like to use a cookie scoop!)
- Bake until edges are puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. (If you notice the edges are browning too quickly, tent with foil.)
- Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from the muffin tins and enjoy!
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until edges are puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. (If you notice the edges are browning too quickly, tent with foil.)
- Let stand 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.