This Hash Brown Crusted Quiche with sausage is crazy flavorful, super easy, and happens to be gluten free. The shredded potatoes create a crispy crust that makes this recipe hearty and filling. Enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
Every time May rolls around I start looking forward to summer. But then I remember that before summer comes Mother’s Day. Which brings me to…
Quiche. Hash brown crusted quiche.
Does the same happen to you? When Mother’s Day is only weeks away you start looking for the perfect quiche to serve for brunch, right? Or maybe you don’t, but now you realize what a great idea that is. Also a great option for breakfast this weekend. Or maybe you love eggs for dinner. See, I’ve got your bases covered.
I actually served this for my sister’s birthday in March. And then I proceeded to make it about 1,057 times since then.
It’s become my go-to for so many Sunday brunches or when friends come to visit. Bonus, it’s gluten free, so if you have friends or family with celiac disease, this is a wonderful option!
This quiche recipe is so delicious, and of course super easy. Two of my favorite things.
- Switch up the type of sausage to mix up the flavor! You can use a spicy sausage, an Italian sausage, or a milk breakfast sausage.
- You can easily add a couple of diced veggies into this dish. Vegetables that cook quickly are best, so bell pepper, mushrooms, or asparagus would all work well.
- Get in your greens! Baby spinach or kale are easily added to this quiche recipe. Once the sausage is done cooking, add the greens in with it to cook down for 3 to 5 minutes, then follow the rest of the recipe as written.
Other breakfast recipes we love!
- Easy Breakfast Braid
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- Amish Breakfast Casserole
Watch the video and see how easy it is to make!
Hash Brown-Crusted Quiche with Sausage
- 3 cups shredded potatoes
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces (1 cup) seasoned Italian ground pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 whole scallions , finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl gently toss the hash browns with the butter to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Press the hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of the plate to form a crust. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, sauté the ground sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the large bowl you used for the hash browns, whisk together the eggs, cream, cheeses, and scallions. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Add in the cooked sausage crumbles. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture on top of the hash brown crust. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until set. Let cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.