This Creamy Corn Salad recipe embraces the summer season with fresh grilled corn, bell pepper, basil, and a homemade Italian dressing. It’s so easy to make and great for a light lunch, side dish, or potluck!
Whenever I spot fresh corn in the store, I get so excited! Corn, watermelon, barbecue ribs. The epitome of summer.
This corn salad is one of my favorite sides when fresh corn is in season, and perfect to bring along to a potluck.
Corn Salad Ingredients
The salad is incorporates with simple, fresh, flavorful ingredients that will have you craving it, long after you’re finished eating!
- Fresh ears of corn
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Homemade creamy Italian dressing
Possible Recipe Additions
- Toss in some feta cheese
- Add in fresh, ripe avocado
- Sprinkle in a little diced red onion
Use Frozen corn, when fresh isn’t in season
Sadly, corn isn’t in season all year long. But you can still make this anytime! Replace the fresh corn with frozen (defrosted) corn and char the kernels in a saute pan. Canned corn would be ok, but not my preference.
Can this Corn Salad be Made Ahead of time?
Yep! This recipe is great for making ahead of time.
You can combine everything and store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container up to 2 days beforehand. Or prep everything, but keep the vegetables and dressing separate, then toss right before serving. I also recommend adding in the basil right before serving.
Make this for your next gathering and everyone will ask for the recipe!
Other summer salads we love!
Creamy Corn Salad
- 5 ears fresh corn , shucked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper , diced
- 5 fresh basil leaves , julienned
For the dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- pinch of cayenne , or more to taste
- 1 cloves garlic , finely mined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat a gas grill to high. Generously oil the grates.
- Drizzle the corn with the olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides and fully tender, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool, while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Taste and adjust, if necessary.
- Remove the kernels off the cob and place in a large bowl. Add in the bell pepper and basil. Drizzle the dressing over the top and gently mix to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
- When corn isn’t in season, you can use 5 cups frozen (defrosted) corn and cook the kernels in a saute pan.
- You can also grill the bell pepper.
- Add in the basil right before serving, if you will not be eating this right away.