Ground turkey, rice, green beans, tomatoes, and delicious seasonings are combined for a delicious and quick skillet meal!
But that’s done, and aside from some housekeeping stuff that
is no big deal will keep me busy for the next hundred years, I am ready to forge ahead. So, let’s do this!
I made this Turkey and Rice Skillet dish throughout last November and December when the holidays were all up in my business. It was pretty much a lifesaver. Occasionally, I would use Rotel instead of the plain canned tomatoes, for some added heat.
Brown the turkey and onion, then throw everything else in there, simmer, and voila! Dinner. My love for one pan meals will never change. Skillet dinners for life, my friends!
other skillet dishes we love!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small sweet onion , diced
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces green beans , cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups short grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the turkey and onion; sauté until onions become soft and no pink remains with the turkey (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Season with some salt and pepper. Drain off fat; return to heat.
Stir in all the other ingredients. Bring to boil, cover, then reduce heat to medium-low, simmer for 20-22 minutes until rice is done.
Remove from the heat, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For added heat, replace the plain canned tomatoes with a can of Rotel.