This chicken salad could not be easier or delicious. With chicken, cranberries, apples, and pecans, it’s wonderful on its own or as a sandwich!
Even though this chicken salad has been floating around for ages, I was only introduced to it a few years ago by my friend, Kary.
We were hanging out at her house and she made it for lunch one day. I was practically mesmerized by all the ingredients she was mixing together. It all seemed so odd…and yet wonderful. I knew immediately how much I would love it. I’ve been enjoying it regularly ever since.
She just served it on its own, but I really love it as a sandwich.
Either way, absolutely delicious.
There are a ton of variations on it. This one is mine. (No big surprise that celery isn’t anywhere to be found!)
- • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- • 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- • 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- • 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- • 1/4 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- • 1 can (10 ounce) white chunk chicken breast, broken up into pieces
- • salt and pepper
- • baby spinach leaves
- • 4 croissants or soft dinner rolls
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, mustard. Gently fold in the cranberries, pecans, apple, and chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut croissants in half. Place spinach on bottom half, followed by the chicken mixture. Top with other croissant half and enjoy!