This is the BEST chicken salad. It could not be easier or more delicious. With chicken, cranberries, apples, and pecans, it’s wonderful on its own or as a sandwich!
Even though this chicken salad has been floating around for ages, I was only introduced to it a few years ago by my friend, Kary.
We were hanging out at her house and she made it for lunch one day. I was practically mesmerized by all the ingredients she was mixing together. It all seemed so odd…and yet wonderful. I knew immediately how much I would love it. I’ve been enjoying it regularly ever since.
She just served it on its own, but I really love it as a sandwich.
Either way, absolutely delicious.
There are a ton of variations on it. This one is mine. (No big surprise that celery isn’t anywhere to be found!)
- • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- • 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- • 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- • 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- • 1/4 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- • 1 can (10 ounce) white chunk chicken breast, broken up into pieces
- • baby spinach leaves, optional
- • 4 croissants or soft dinner rolls, optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Gently fold in the cranberries, pecans, apple, and chicken.
- Eat as is or place on sliced croissants with some baby spinach or lettuce.