This Dill Pickle Dip is the absolute best cold dip where dill pickles are the star! Whip up a batch in 10 minutes.
We’re big subscribers to dill pickled food – dill pickle potato chips, dill pickle cashews, dill yogurt, dill flavored cream cheese…and of course, dill pickles in their natural form. We all eat them like they’re candy. Paul even drinks the juice once the last pickle is gone. (If you’re unfamiliar with his love for dill pickles, you can catch up here.)
Needless to say, when I spot something with dill,
there’s a pretty good chance it’s getting made. I pinned a dill pickle dip on Pinterest, but my friend Rebecca jumped on it with lightening speed. And in her infinite culinary wisdom, altered it to perfection, posted it, and dangled it in front of me like a carrot to a rabbit. Thank goodness.
I made this over the weekend. And even my friend Heather, a proclaimed sweet pickle devotee, really liked it. Dill pickle fans, it’s worth mentioning that you might want to double the recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- Using a wooden spoon, press into the cream cheese and stir to loosen until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve with pretzels or veggies, or spread on a bun for a hamburger.
(originally from Foodie with Family)