This savory Dill Pickle Bread recipe is a simple oven baked quick bread, perfectly delicious on its own, with a slab of butter, or dipped in a bowl of soup!
Hi everyone! How’s your week so far?
It’s spring break for us. So we spent a few days in Santa Cruz (where it was surprisingly sunny and warm), and then returned to Sacramento (where it’s surprisingly chilly and rainy.) Mother Nature is clearly confused.
But whatever. I’m just happy my kids don’t have homework. (Well, unless you count the massive state project that is a beast. Note to parents of future fifth graders: start early! It is truly the only thing that has made it bearable.)
Anyway, rainy days always make me want to bake. I opted for something savory this time.
Add this Dill Pickle Bread to my list of ever-growing quick bread recipes that I love. It’s truly delicious on its own, but even better with a little slab of butter!
Other Quick Bread recipes you might like!
Watch the video for Dill Pickle Bread
Dill Pickle Bread
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, and dill pickle juice. Fold in the diced dill pickles.
- Stir in the flour, onion soup mix, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and fresh dill, until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Add the batter evenly to the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then lifting by the parchment paper, remove from pan. Slice and serve on its own, or with a slab of butter!