Do you have any potlucks or picnics left planned for the summer? Maybe Labor Day weekend? Because you need to bring this potato salad.
I know it looks sort of boring. But trust me – what it lacks in appearance, is made up for in taste. Tenfold.
I originally made this as a side, but loved it so much, that I ate three servings and nothing else. Totally worth it.
Then I made it again with added diced red bell pepper. Also good! If you desperately need your potato salad to have more color – and crunch – that’s the way to go. (Just don’t use orange yams. NOT the way to go. Ha.)
Sweet and Spicy Potato Salad
- 2 3/4 pounds large white flesh sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha hot chili sauce
- 2 scallions stalks , diced small
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add the salt and bring to a boil. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, vinegar, hot sauce, and scallions.
- Gently fold in the cooled potatoes until fully coated.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.