These Shrimp Tostadas are paired with melted cheese and a delicious zucchini, garlic, and lime juice mixture. On the table in 20 minutes. Super flavorful and no fuss!
You guys. I did something I never ever do.
All last week, I cooked just for the sake of cooking – no stopwatch to calculate prep time. No worries about the kids helping me. No thinking about the blog.
Just cooking for the sheer enjoyment of it. And it was amazing.
Wanna know how? I didn’t cook anything new! That’s the secret. Because anytime I make something new, I feel the need to photograph it, or film it. Or write about it. (And if I don’t, I regret it!) So, just by simply eliminating those aspects, all the pressure and guilt goes away.
I revisited some family favorites that are tried and true (which also meant, there weren’t any complaints from the peanut gallery. Added bonus!)
I’ve been making these shrimp tostadas for several years – shrimp, zucchini, garlic, cheese, and lime juice pack in a ton of flavor. And they’re easy! On the table in only 25 minutes.
Other Shrimp dishes you might enjoy!
How To Make These Shrimp Tostadas
Shrimp Tostadas with Zucchini
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini , halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 scallions , diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place tortillas on two large baking sheets. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the zucchini; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic and mix until fragrant; 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until pink and cooked through, an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over tortillas and top with sour cream and scallions. Serve right away and enjoy!