A creamy shrimp and dill mixture sit on top of crisp, fresh iceberg lettuce in this wonderful wedge salad recipe. This salad is layered with flavor, refreshing, and super easy to make! Great for lunch or brunch, an elegant occasion or any time!
It’s been raining in California for what seems like forever now. And we need it…we always need it. But I’m so over it.
So, I’m willing the sunshine and warmer temperatures with this Wedge Salad. If you make it, it will come, right?
What is a Wedge Salad?
A Wedge Salad is one where the salad sits on a wedge (one-quarter) of lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is the type of lettuce used, and it’s cut into 4 equal portions…wedges. It’s a wonderfully, refreshing salad that goes great with any meal.
Typical wedge salads are served with blue cheese dressing and crumbled bacon, but there are no rules! This version is my latest obsession, with a creamy shrimp, dill, and onion mixture. It’s so good!
How Do I Cut A Wedge Salad?
- Start with a full head of iceberg lettuce and remove the outer leaves, which tend to be thin, wilted, and dirty.
- Slice the head of lettuce in half, then slice those halves in half, so you have 4 equal sections.
- Cut off the bottom wedges to remove the stem.
What is the best way to Eat a Wedge Salad?
Since this isn’t a pile of individual lettuce leaves, it’s not as simple to eat as a traditional leafy green salad. Grab yourself a knife and fork and cut into the wedge – that’s the easiest way!
This salad recipe is so simple, but has so much flavor. Creamy, but light. Tangy, with a hint of sweetness. Really layered. I’m looking forward to eating it all summer long!
Other Salad Recipes We love!
Creamy Shrimp and Dill Wedge Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh dill , finely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp , tails off, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , cut into 4 wedges
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, sriracha, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill until combined and smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Add in the cucumber, onion, and shrimp. Stir gently to coat.
- Tear the first few top layers off of each lettuce wedge to create a pocket. Place on individual plates.
- Fill each with the shrimp mixture, letting it spill over the sides if desired. Garnish with a little extra fresh dill.
- Serve cold or room temperature.