Easy Shrimp Fajitas with corn, mushrooms, poblano peppers, and feta cheese. Everything can be prepared on the grill or in a skillet, so you can make them all year round. Delicious 30 minute meal!
Hi gang! I’ve got another easy delicious dinner for you!
It’s been salads all week due to the heat, but I did endure 103 degrees the other day for these shrimp fajitas, and I’m so glad I did!
They are ready in 30 minutes and totally embrace summer with fresh corn, and also utilizing the grill. BUT, what I really love is that you can make these all year long with frozen or canned corn, and instead of grilling, just throw everything in the skillet.
Thumbs way up from the family.
Shrimp Fajitas with Corn, Mushrooms, and Feta
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons lime juice , divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 poblano pepper , seeded and diced
- 2 ears corn , kernels removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 whole scallions , diced
- 8 good quality corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a resealable plastic bag, mix together the paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add in the shrimp and rub the mixture all over. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the mushrooms and the poblano pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add in the corn and butter. Saute for another 2-3 minutes. Season with a touch of salt and pepper. Add in the scallions and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Brush the grill grates with oil; grill the shrimp until cooked through; about 2 minutes per side. Warm the tortillas until just bubbly and toasted.
- Place shrimp on the tortillas with the corn mixture and top with the feta cheese. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
(largely adapted from Food Network)
Reader Questions and Reviews
Looks like a great light meal with a bit of spice to flavor everything.
Yum! Yeah for easy dinner recipes!