Orange-Balsamic Shrimp Pasta is sautéed shrimp, coated in a spicy and tangy citrus sauce that is out of this world!
I’ve made this Orange Balsamic Shrimp Pasta three times now, and we just keep falling deeper and deeper in love.
It’s another winner from Barefeet in the Kitchen’s new Weeknight Dinner Cookbook.
This shrimp pasta recipe is titled Fiery Orange Shrimp Pasta in the book, which was quite appropriate considering how much red pepper flakes, cayenne, and black pepper it originally called for. But Lordy, it was too spicy for the kids..and me! I cut back on the seasoning to suit us and there was plenty of sauce to accommodate for more pasta, so I upped that.
Shrimp Pasta Ingredients
Here’s a quick summary of what you’ll need. (Scroll down for the complete printable recipe.)
- Shrimp – medium sized, thawed, peeled and deveined
- Pasta – thin spaghetti
- Seasonings – kosher salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper
- Sauce – golden balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and garlic
- Finishing – unsalted butter and chopped fresh parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil
All in all, this dish is FABULOUS.
I can’t even explain how wonderful the orange-balsamic sauce is. It’s got a kick, but is balanced perfectly by the tangy vinegar and citrusy orange juice. It would be great over rice, as well!
Put this on your weekly menu – you won’t regret it!
Other Pasta dishes To Try!
- Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad
- One-Pan Broccoli and Bacon Angel Hair Pasta
- Creamy Pasta with Bacon and Peas
Orange-Balsamic Shrimp Pasta
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp , peeled and deveined, thawed
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, pat all the shrimp dry.
- In a large bowl, add the cornstarch, red pepper flakes, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the balsamic vinegar until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Whisk in the orange juice and garlic. Set aside.
- Warm olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large stainless steel pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the pan in a single layer as best you can; sear for 1 minute. With tongs, flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until shrimp are mostly pink and cooked through. With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a warming plate.
- Add orange juice mixture to the pan and increase heat to high; bring to a simmer and cook for about 1 minute to thicken slightly.
- Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter, the cooked pasta, cooked shrimp, and parsley. Toss to coat.
- Serve in individual bowls right away and enjoy!
adapted from Weeknight Dinner Cookbook