Tender roasted beets are coated with an orange and maple glaze that makes for a fantastic and super easy side dish, great for the holidays and all year round!
If you love beets like we do, don’t miss our Pickled Beets recipe – great to have on hand for a side, salad, or healthy snack.
Easy Roasted Beets Side Dish
Much like the bad rap peas and brussels sprouts get, I’m convinced people don’t like beets because they’ve simply never had them prepared properly.
Roasted Beets are amazing! Tender, rich and sweet. Then baked with an orange and maple glaze, this simple side dish is a sure winner and could possibly change your mind forever.
Since roasted beets are so easy to make and also store really well in the refrigerator up to a week, making this side dish is a breeze. You can either roast your beets right before making it, or grab some out of the fridge that have already been roasted. This dish comes together in minutes, with a short bake time.
What You’ll Need
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Roasted beets , peeled, cut into wedges
- Orange juice and zest
- Balsamic vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
If some of the ingredients for the sauce doesn’t float your boat, there are a few other options.
- Swap out the maple for honey
- Try using cider vinegar instead of balsamic
- Instead of mint, garnish with parsley or basil
I’m convinced you’ll love this recipe as is, though. It’s so good!
If you love glazed roasted carrots, you will love these maple glazed roasted beets.
More Beet Recipes:
- Roasted Beets
- Refrigerator Pickled Beets
- Beet Pickled Eggs
- Beet and Cucumber Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Beet Salad
- Pasta with Creamy Beet Sauce
Maple Glazed Roasted Beets
- 4 medium roasted beets , peeled, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange zest , divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer the roasted beet wedges to the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of the orange zest, and the mustard. Pour over the beets and gently toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through and most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the remaining orange zest and some mint, if desired. Season with a little salt and pepper and serve.