Tender roasted beets are coated with an orange and maple glaze that makes for a fantastic and super easy side dish, great all year round!
Much like the bad rap peas and brussels sprouts get, I’m convinced people don’t like beets because they’ve simply never had them prepared properly.
Roasted Beets are amazing! Tender, rich and sweet. Then baked with an orange and maple glaze, this simple side dish is a sure winner and could possibly change your mind forever.
Since roasted beets are so easy to make and also store really well in the refrigerator up to a week, making this side dish is a breeze. You can either roast your beets right before making it, or grab some out of the fridge that have already been roasted. This dish comes together in minutes, with a short bake time.
The sauce for the roasted beets calls for orange juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and herbs. But if that doesn’t float your boat, there are a few other options.
- Swap out the maple for honey
- Try using cider vinegar instead of balsamic
- Instead of mint, garnish with parsley or basil
I’m convinced you’ll love this recipe as is, though. It’s so good! (Scroll to the bottom for the full printable recipe.)
If you love glazed roasted carrots, you will love these maple glazed roasted beets.
Other Beet Recipes we love
- How To Make Roasted Beets
- Refrigerator Pickled Beets
- Beet Pickled Eggs
- Beet and Cucumber Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Beet Salad
- Pasta with Creamy Beet Sauce
How To Make This Roasted Beets with Maple Glaze Recipe
Maple Glazed Roasted Beets
- 4 medium roasted beets , peeled, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange zest , divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer the roasted beet wedges to the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of the orange zest, and the mustard. Pour over the beets and gently toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through and most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the remaining orange zest and some mint, if desired. Season with a little salt and pepper and serve.