This Roasted Apple and Brie Panini will be your new favorite sandwich, filled with sweet apples, buttery cheese, and pecans on cinnamon raisin bread!
Sandwiches are my life. Want something quick and easy? Make a sandwich. Too tired to prepare a full meal for dinner? Make a sandwich. Taking the kids to the park? Bring sandwiches. Have a little left-over mayo? Jam that spoonful in your mouth. Wait…What? I mean…make a sandwich!
Whoever invented this brilliance of deli meat and cheese stuffed in-between two slices of bread is a genius.
Panini Happy was one of the first blogs I started to follow when I, myself, hit the blogosphere. Kathy’s the reason I
requested begged for a Panini Maker for my birthday two years ago, so I could make everything she creates. And score, Paul came through.
You know those appliances that sit on your counter, taking up space, collecting dust? My panini maker is not one of them! I use it at least once a week.
I’ve known for a year that Kathy was working on a cookbook. And honestly, I have never been so excited for a cookbook release. If I didn’t get a freebie copy, I would have bought one, no question. I’m still planning on buying a few more as gifts.
The pages are filled with awesomeness – bread with golden grill marks, melty cheese, different meats and vegetarian options. Oh! And there’s plenty of recipes that aren’t even sandwiches – you’d be surprised what you can grill on a panini maker. If the photography doesn’t make you hungry, the descriptions will.
This Roasted Apple and Brie Panini is one of my favorites from the book.
I knew the flavor combo of sweet apples, buttery cheese, and cinnamon raisin bread would dance in my mouth – and what better way to welcome in Fall than with something apple-y. Yuuuuuum. YUM, friends. Just…holycowthiswassofreakingdelicious.
You can get the cookbook here (affiliate link.)
Other sandwiches we love
Roasted Apple and Brie Panini
- 1 medium apple , cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 4 ounces sliced Brie cheese (with or without the rind)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the apples on the baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the apples are soft and golden brown, with a caramelized crust on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
- Heat a panini press to medium-high.
- For each sandwich, spread butter on two slices of bread. Flip over once slice and top the other side with Brie, roasted apple slices, and pecans. Close sandwich with the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill two panini at a time, with the lid closed, until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, about 3-4 minutes (checking on it after a few minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn.)
- Let cool slightly, slice in half and enjoy!
- Any kind of apple works in this sandwich - use your favorite!
- If you don't have a panini maker, you can still cook these in a skillet like a regular grilled cheese sandwich.