These Hawaiian Pork Sliders are easy, quick, and oh-so-flavorful. Mini burgers made from pork, basted with barbecue sauce, and topped with a pineapple ring. Delish! For for summer grilling.
Change up the pace from usual beef burgers with these Pork Sliders. Simple seasonings, basted with barbecue sauce, and a slice of grilled pineapple will make your heart sing. Or at least your taste buds!
Pork Sliders Recipe
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these sliders:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Ground pork: You’ll need unseasoned ground pork, not Italian sausage
- Scallions: We love the subtle and mild peppery flavor these add
- Ginger: Fresh or ground ginger works here.
- Pineapple: Nothing beats fresh pineapple when it’s in season, but canned is fine.
- Barbecue sauce: The sliders get basted with barbecue sauce, so use your favorite brand.
- Salt and pepper: For flavor
- For serving: Mayonnaise and slider rolls (we love King’s Hawaiian.)
- Don’t over-mix: Over-mixing can cause the burgers to be tough.
- Form equal patties: Form the slider patties all the same size, so they cook at the same rate.
- Make an indentation in the middle: Making a slight indentation in the middle before they cook helps keep the burgers from bulging.
- Get your grill nice and hot: Preheat your grill for medium-high so you get a gorgeous sear and grill marks.
- Don’t over-cook: Always safely cook pork patties to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. For best results do not overcook. Time and temperature can vary from grill to grill, so to take the guess work out, we recommend using a thermometer and adjust accordingly.
How to Make Pork Sliders
To make this pork slider recipe, you simply mix the ingredients, form the patties, and grill. Nothing complicated! Follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card and make sure to refer back to the article for all the helpful tips!
What to Serve with Pork Burgers
These burgers pair well with so many things. We love to serve them with Coleslaw, Fruit Salad, or our Creamy Cucumber Salad. And don’t forget the drinks! You can’t go wrong with Strawberry Sweet Tea or Cherry Limeade.
Other Grill Recipes We Love
Hawaiian Pork Sliders
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 8 rings of pineapple
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 King’s Hawaiian rolls
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix the pork, scallions, ground ginger, salt and pepper until just combined. Don’t over mix! Gently form 8 equal patties, with a slight indentation in the middle (this helps keep the burgers from bulging in the middle.)
- Preheat your grill for medium-high. Coat the grates with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place the pork patties on the hot grill and lightly coat tops with barbecue sauce. Cover the grill and cook for about 5 minutes. Flip the burgers and coat with more barbecue sauce.
- After you’ve flipped the burgers, place the pineapple rings down on the grill. Cook the burgers for another 4-5 minutes, until cooked through to 160 degrees F.
- Cook the pineapple rings for about 3 minutes, or until you have nice grill marks on one side. Flip the pineapple and grill another 1-2 minutes. Remove the pineapple and burgers from the grill and let them rest 5 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, toast the rolls on the hot grill until the edges brown nicely, about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread a tad more barbecue sauce (and mayo, like I did…gasp!) on the rolls, add the burger patty and a pineapple ring, then the other roll. Serve immediately.