Pear Honey Sandwiches – Crisp pears, sweet honey, and nutty pecans come together is this easy summer vegetarian sandwich. Full of nutrition and great taste!
Now is about the time when all my mom friends are done with summer. They have no more trips to take, they’re hot, they’re tired of listening to their kids argue, and frustrated with trying to figure out how to entertain them for three more weeks. They are counting the days until school starts again.
Meanwhile, I just want summer to go on foreeeever.
Two words: Swimming pool.
Oh wait. That’s not an option for most people, right?
How about these two: Summer camps.
They’re also a glorious thing.
We did two weeks on, one week off, and so on. Perfect balance of keeping them occupied, but also having some free time for family, play dates, and weekend outings.
I’m also not ready to give up on summer foods. I’m never ready for that.
Crisp pears, sweet honey, and nutty pecans come together is this easy sandwich. Full of nutrition and great taste. Tell me this sandwich doesn’t scream summer!
Pear Honey Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) honey-pecan Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread , toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 ripe pears , cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese over one side of each slice of bread.
- Evenly divide and sprinkle the pecans over 4 slices of bread.
- Top each of the 4 bread slices with pears, sprouts, a little drizzle of honey, and the other 4 bread slices.
- Cut in half and serve.
Inspired by Cooking Light
Other Summer Sandwiches you might enjoy!
Ranch BLT Flatbread – Belly Full
Open-Faced Heirloom Tomato Sandwich – Belly Full