These Fried Bananas are the best guilt-free snack or dessert made in less than 10 minutes! You can never go wrong with butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
Bananas in their natural state are easily my least favorite fruit. I basically need to be on the verge of starvation for eating a banana to sound appealing. But I love love love them in desserts. Banana pudding, banana cream lush, banana turon, and a classic banana split immediately come to mind. And most definitely fried bananas.
I wouldn’t classify this as a healthy recipe, but it curbs my sugar craving and is certainly better on my thighs than cheesecake!
Why We Love This Fried Banana Recipe
- The bananas get an amazing, crispy caramelized layer from cooking in the butter. It’s heavenly!
- They’re not overly sweet, but just the right amount with the combo of the honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- They’re so easy to make and cook up in no time. Seriously, it takes less than 10 minutes!
How to Make Fried Bananas
- Use bananas that are yellow, but have a tinge of green and no brown spots! Bananas that are too ripe turn to mush when you fry them.
- Once you’ve put the bananas in the pan, don’t touch them for the first minute or two. This allows them to get that nice golden crust.
- Allow the honey mixture to cool slightly in the pan with the bananas. You want to give the flavors time to meld together a bit.
- Try using maple syrup instead of honey for a fun, fall twist.
- Top them with some toasted nuts to give a little crunch to this tasty treat!
- Add in some rum, so it’s closer to Bananas Foster. Yum!
I’ve been making this fried banana recipe for years, usually with ice cream. But yesterday I made it with cottage cheese. Still delicious! But less calories, obvi.
(Funny side note – for photography purposes, I used ice cream. I was editing the images when my husband got home and he said, “why would you put ice cream on scallops? Is that the latest food trend?”) Weird food combo, anyone?! HA!
Fried Bananas Video
What Goes with Fried Bananas
- Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cottage Cheese
- Plain Yogurt
- Put them on top of some crepes!
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Pan Fried Honey Bananas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large banana , slightly under-ripened, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium-high heat. Place banana slices in the pan in a single layer; cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until a golden crust forms (keep an eye on them and adjust the heat if they brown too quickly.)
- Remove pan from heat and pour honey mixture over the banana slices. Allow to cool slightly.
- Eat on its own or serve over yogurt, cottage cheese, or ice cream!
Reader Questions and Reviews
Love this recipe! Add a little cinnamon!
Great recipe will make again. Topped mine with whipped cream no ice cream on hand.
This was a delicious recipe, it satisfies my sweet tooth, and tastes so good I paired it with peach yogurt u must try it!!!!!
This was a great little after dinner treat. I served it over ice cream for my kids and yogurt for me. Loved it.
It was very tasty
Haha it’s true, you never stop missing sugar, I don’t know who those people are. Gimme all the caramelizy bananas!!
Yes, we join the ‘gained weight’ club. We too are trying to stop the desserts every night and watch what goes into our mouths. Easier said than done! Unlike you, we love bananas and also have them on the counter ready to eat any time day or night. I can’t wait to make this recipe and serve with yogurt….delicious.