These Fried Bananas are the best guilt-free snack or dessert made in less than 10 minutes! You can never go wrong with butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
Bananas in their natural state are easily my least favorite fruit. I basically need to be on the verge of starvation for eating a banana to sound appealing. But I love love love them in desserts. Banana pudding, banana cream lush, and a classic banana split immediately come to mind. And most definitely fried bananas.
I wouldn’t classify this as a healthy recipe, but it curbs my sugar craving and is certainly better on my thighs than cheesecake!
What Makes These Fried Bananas So Amazing
- The bananas get an amazing, crispy caramelized layer from cooking in the butter. It’s heavenly!
- They’re not overly sweet, but just the right amount with the combo of the honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- They’re so easy to make and cook up in no time. Seriously, it takes less than 10 minutes!
Tips For Fried Bananas
- Use bananas that are yellow, but have a tinge of green and no brown spots! Bananas that are too ripe turn to mush when you fry them.
- Once you’ve put the bananas in the pan, don’t touch them for the first minute or two. This allows them to get that nice golden crust.
- Allow the honey mixture to cool slightly in the pan with the bananas. You want to give the flavors time to meld together a bit.
- Try using maple syrup instead of honey for a fun, fall twist.
- Top them with some toasted nuts to give a little crunch to this tasty treat!
- Add in some rum, so it’s closer to Bananas Foster. Yum!
I’ve been making this fried banana recipe for years, usually with ice cream. But yesterday I made it with cottage cheese. Still delicious! But less calories, obvi.
(Funny side note – for photography purposes, I used ice cream. I was editing the images when Paul got home and he said, “why would you put ice cream on scallops? Is that the latest food trend?”) Weird food combo, anyone?! HA!
What Goes with Fried Bananas
- Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cottage Cheese
- Plain Yogurt
- Put them on top of some crepes!
Other Banana desserts you might like!
Watch the video (prepare to have your mouth water!)
How To Make this Fried Bananas Recipe
Pan Fried Honey Bananas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large banana , slightly under-ripened, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium-high heat. Place banana slices in the pan in a single layer; cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until a golden crust forms (keep an eye on them and adjust the heat if they brown too quickly.)
- Remove pan from heat and pour honey mixture over the banana slices. Allow to cool slightly.
- Eat on its own or serve over yogurt, cottage cheese, or ice cream!