This homemade Rum Raisin Ice Cream recipe is no churn, so no fancy appliance needed! It’s filled with rum and orange flavored raisins and chopped chocolate. Rich, creamy, and so easy, anyone can make it!
It’s a really weird June in Sacramento right now. Last week, 75 degrees. This week? Hotter than Satan at a blazing 106. Like, what? This is when our pool becomes the best decision we ever made. Sleeping in our inner tubes has crossed my mind…
Also? Eating ice cream morning, noon, and night.
It’s Paul’s kryptonite, so I always have several cartons in the freezer. Not sure if that makes me an angel or an enabler!
I also make my own and have fun creating different flavors that I can’t find in the store. Like this chocolate rum raisin ice cream. No-churn is so easy, you guys!
We take it upon ourselves to eat it as fast as possible. You know, in the name of science. Before it melts. Lol.
Other No-Churn Ice Cream recipes you might like!
- No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
- No-Churn Ice Cream with Toffee and Chocolate Bits
- No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
No-Churn Chocolate Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- 1/3 cup dark raisins
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chunks , chopped
- Place both raisins, rum, and orange zest in a small pot; bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a slight simmer; cook until liquid is cut in half, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, a tablespoon of the reduced liquid, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer, until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Fold in the raisins and chocolate.
- Transfer to a standard loaf pan. Sprinkle some extra shaved chocolate over the top, if desired. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 12 hours.
- Let ice cream stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!