Disney Pineapple Dole Whip gets a fun summer twist with watermelon! This Watermelon Dole Whip is a luscious, creamy no-bake treat that’s so easy to…well…whip up! So delicious on a hot day.
Pineapple and watermelon – if those two foods don’t scream summer, I don’t know what does. We love them both so much, so we took our ever-popular Disney Pineapple Dole Whip and put a watermelon spin on it! This is such a great, easy treat to help beat the heat on a summer day.
Watermelon Dole Whip Recipe
There are only a few ingredients needed to make this. Here’s the rundown:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Pureed watermelon juice
- Frozen watermelon chunks
- Vanilla ice cream
- Lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar (optional)
- Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Omit the sugar: The sweetness from watermelon to watermelon can vary greatly. If you get a really good one that doesn’t need additional sugar added, then simply omit it.
- Make a Float instead: Fill a glass halfway with pureed watermelon juice, followed by some of the ice cream whip mixture, and top it off with a maraschino cherry and chocolate chips.
- Make it dairy free: Replace the ice cream with 1/3 cup coconut milk to make it a vegan treat.
- Not into watermelon? That’s ok. You can swap it out with almost any fruit and its juice. Strawberry and raspberry would be delish!
Get That Iconic Swirl
How to Make Watermelon Dole Whip
To make this dole whip recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card. Simply refer back to the article for more information and possible variations!
Other Refreshing Summer Recipes
Watermelon Dole Whip
- 3 ounces pureed watermelon juice (that's been strained through a sieve)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups frozen seedless watermelon chunks
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional depending on the sweetness of your watermelon)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- splash of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- mini chocolate chips , for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (in the order listed); blend until smooth and ultra creamy, pushing down the frozen watermelon chunks if necessary, about 3 minutes.
- Freeze the mixture for about 40 minutes (or until firm, but not completely solid), then transfer to a piping bag with a 1M “star” tip (to get that iconic Dole Whip swirl.)
- Swirl into dessert glasses. Sprinkle with some mini chocolate chips.
- To help the soft-serve hold its shape longer, freeze the swirled whip another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!