These Mini Corn Cake Muffins are a little savory, a little sweet, and come in a little package.
Corn bread is like a house divided. Half the nation declares it shouldn’t be anything other than savory, while the other half desperately wants it to taste like birthday cake.
Interestingly enough, these Mini Corn Cake Muffins weren’t nearly as sweet as I was expecting, considering the batter includes cake mix. Maybe still sweet enough to turn a purist off, but I don’t think so.
These were really good…I believe a group hug is in order.
This recipe is actually from Jiffy, but they made a loaf. Big shocker that I converted them to muffins…and even bigger shocker that I made them mini, instead of full size. Oh mini food, I love you so.
You also won’t be surprised to know that I drenched mine in butter and honey, even though they didn’t need it.
What can I say? I like birthday cake.
other mini recipes we love
Mini Corn Cake Muffins
- 8 ounce box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 9 ounce box Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake Mix
- 11 ounce can corn kernels ,drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 2 mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients until well blended. Let sit for 2 minutes and give it a little stir.
- Fill each muffin well with batter 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes and then gently run a dull knife around edges to release and remove.
- Serve with some butter or honey and enjoy!
adapted from Jiffy