These baked chicken wings are coated in a sauce made with honey, lime juice, and Sriracha, then roasted to perfection in the oven. They’re a little sweet, a little tangy, and a little spicy. Perfect appetizer for get togethers!
I made these Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings last week when my husband texted me the news his baseball team took home the W in the Championships! For the second year in a row, too. WOOT.
They played a double header, so he was sore and tiiiiired. But came home with a huge grin on his face.
I’d like to believe these chicken wings added to his happiness. I know they added to mine!
Unlike traditional bar wings that are deep fried, these ones are baked. So you don’t have that lingering smell of oil throughout your house for days. Plus, easier!
Chicken Wings Recipe Notes
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken wings dry before baking. This helps with browning and crisping as they cook.
- Don’t crowd the pan. Leave enough space in-between each wing, so air can circulate around them for even cooking.
- These don’t need a dipping sauce, but my homemade Tzatziki Sauce would be a nice touch!
- 1 pound of wings typically results in about 7-8 pieces (depending on their size), so this recipe should feed approximately 4-5 people at 4 pieces per person.
I’ve yet to attend any game day gathering where there weren’t chicken wings being offered. Because they’re awesome, of course! At these to your buffet- everyone will thank you for it.
They can also be enjoyed as a main meal with some of these sides:
Other Chicken Appetizers We Love
- Baked Chicken Wings (with Caribbean Pineapple sauce)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
How To Make This Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings Recipe
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha , divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 pounds chicken wings , patted dry
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon of Sriracha, the lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of honey. In a large re-sealable plastic bag, toss the chicken with the sauce. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the remaining teaspoon of Sriracha and 1/4 cup of honey. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with racks in upper and lower thirds; line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil, coated with cooking spray.
- Divide wings between baking sheets; season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Flips wings over and rotate sheets; bake for another 15 minutes.
- Baste wings with the Sriracha-honey mixture and bake another 5 minutes until crispy and opaque throughout.
- Serve right away and enjoy!