Salty coppa, sweet summer fruit peaches, nutty walnuts, and buttery cheese come together in this Flatbread Pizza recipe. A quick and easy dinner with wonderful favor!
My local Safeway has an in-store magazine that’s usually filled with some pretty noteworthy recipes.
This Peach and Coppa Flatbread Pizza was in their latest issue and it immediately jumped out at me.
I love summer fruit on the grill and it pairs perfectly with salty cured meats. The second that peaches came into season, I jumped at the chance to buy some and make this pizza. It didn’t disappoint!
Ingredients for this Flatbread Pizza
- Flatbread (I used Naan)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Use my homemade pizza dough instead of the flatbread.
- Swap out the mozzarella for Monterey Jack.
- Coppa (also known as capicola) is a salted, cured, raw ham. It’s really similar to prosciutto, but is cut from the pig’s shoulder, not leg. You can use prosciutto if you can’t find it. Both delicious!
- Don’t have a grill? No problem! Just baked it in the oven.
While I am pretty obsessed with my easy pizza dough, flatbread pizza is even easier and such a lifesaver on busy weeknights – this is on the table in 20 minutes.
Salty coppa, sweet peaches, and nutty walnuts are such a wonderful flavor combination!
Peach and Coppa Flatbread Pizza
- 2 flatbreads (I used Naan)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 3 ounces Coppa , thinly sliced, broken into small pieces
- 1 large ripe peach , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil , cut chiffonade or torn into small pieces
- Place a pizza stone on the grill and preheat over medium heat.
- Drizzle or brush each flatbread with a teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic. Top with equal amounts of Coppa, peach slices, walnuts, and cheese.
- Put them on the pizza stone, cover grill, and cook for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted (keeping a watchful eye that they don't burn.)
- Remove from the grill and sprinkle some fresh basil on top.
- Slice and serve. So good!