Rotisserie or seasoned baked chicken is added to classic spinach and artichoke dip, then baked on French Bread. You will love this Spinach Artichoke French Bread Pizza recipe as an easy appetizer or filling meal!
Some other fun variations on traditional pizza include our pizza supreme sliders and mini pizza cheese balls.
Rotisserie Chicken French Bread Pizza
I’ve got an awesome recipe and cookbook to share with you today. Actually, I’ve got 100 awesome recipes to share with you today! This one is all about chicken – rotisserie chicken. And 100 creative ways to use it! From my friend Trish, over at Mom On Timeout.
Who doesn’t love those little gems, slow roasted all day, with the seasoned skin, and tender meat that falls off the bone? They’re so delicious, and more importantly, such a life saver after an exhausting day. I’m always looking for ways to doctor up chicken dishes, so I was so excited to finally get my copy.
No surprise, I pretty much want to make everything, but I started with this easy recipe for Spinach Artichoke French Bread Pizza and it did not disappoint! The filling is like your favorite spinach artichoke dip combined with chicken. It’s so good. I nibbled on a bunch of it before ever making its way onto the bread. Needless to say, both halves were not created equal. HA.
What’s The Cookbook About?
This cookbook is all about recipes using rotisserie chicken, naturally. It’s filled with delicious from-scratch recipes that don’t take a lot of time to make. Perfect for anyone struggling with weeknight family meals. Winner winner, chicken dinner!
- What kinds of recipes are included? This cookbook is all about chicken recipes, of course. 101, to be exact! Including casseroles, 5-ingredients, 20-minute meals, slow cooker, sandwiches, salads, soups, and more. Something for everyone!
- Do I need special equipment? Nope! Just your basic skillet, saucepan, and casserole dishes.
- Are the ingredients easy to find? Yes! All of the ingredients used in the recipes can be found at your common grocery store and where rotisserie chicken are roasted and sold.
- Do I have to use rotisserie chicken? You don’t have to use rotisserie chicken if you prefer to cook your own, or have left overs from a previous meal. I think rotisserie chicken adds that extra richness, though, and certainly makes these recipes that much quicker to prepare!
- What is the level of difficulty? Easy! If you’re comfortable in the kitchen and cook regularly, these recipes are a snap.
Pizza Ingredients Needed
Here’s what you’ll need to make the french bread pizza.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Canned artichokes – Quartered , drained, roughly chopped.
- Frozen chopped spinach – Thawed and squeezed dry.
- Canned diced green chiles – Drained.
- Rotisserie chicken – You can shred or chop it up.
- Cheeses – Grated Parmesan, shredded Monterey Jack, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Mayonnaise – This is the base for the creamy filling.
- Garlic – Use fresh for best flavor.
- French bread loaf
Can I use baked chicken instead of rotisserie?
If you want more information on the book or a peek at other recipes included, go check out Trish’s blog post. And definitely go buy a copy – I know so many people who would love this as a gift!
Winner winner, chicken dinner!
How to Make French Bread Pizza
To make this spinach artichoke french bread pizza, just hop down to the easy printable recipe card with all the details, and don’t miss the video below.
Make Ahead and Proper Storage
- Storing leftovers: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container, ziploc bag, or place on a plate and wrap securely with foil. It will keep up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 5-10 minutes or in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warmed through.
- To freeze: This french bread pizza freezes wonderfully, so it’s a great make-ahead meal if you want to prepare it for an even easier dinner in the future. Prepare as directed, but don’t bake it. Flash freeze the pizza for about 3 hours, or until solid, then tightly wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to bake the frozen pizza, no need to defrost. Simply unwrap, place on a baking sheet or pizza stone, and bake according to written instructions, tacking on a few additional minutes or until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown.
More Pizza Recipes:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Spinach Artichoke French Bread Pizza
- 14 ounce can quartered artichokes , drained, roughly chopped
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach , thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles , drained
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie (or baked seasoned chicken)
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the bread, in a large bowl; set aside.
- Carefully cut the loaf of bread down the center lengthwise. Scoop out some of the insides, making a long well. Divide and spread the filling evenly between the two halves.
- Place pizza breads on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops are starting to turn golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve!
Reader Questions and Reviews
This is perfect for the left over Costco Roasted Chicken! My family loves it!
This french bread pizza recipe is simply amazing! My family loved it. Thank you for sharing.
This looks AMAZING! I love the addition of the chicken to the spinach and artichoke dip and putting it on french bread to make pizza? YUM!
This looks amazing Amy! Thank you so much for reviewing my book – mwah!
Oh wow, this looks incredible! I’ve never considered putting spinach artichoke bread on pizza, and now I feel like – how? how did it not seem like the most natural thing to try? Looking forward to making this for our little holiday party at work. My coworkers will be thrilled :)
Thank you for sharing !
Thank you for sharing – it’s so good!
oh, I’ve got to check out this cookbook!! I love using rotisserie chicken! and this spinach artichoke french bread pizza looks amazing!
This looks sooooo good! Why don’t I turn more dips into meals?? Just add chicken :) Trish is a freakin genius.
I think I could eat this every day and never grow tired of it!