This Green Smoothie recipe is a little sweet, a little tangy, and absolutely delicious. Healthy, filling, and a great kick start to your day or post workout snack!
Other smoothies we make all the time include our Banana Smoothie and Strawberry Smoothie.
Healthy Green Smoothie
The weekends are usually reserved for more indulgent breakfast dishes like Bread Pudding and bakery items such as my favorite Strawberry Scones, but during the week I am all about the light and healthy. Chia Seed Pudding, Overnight Oats, and this Green Smoothie are constants – all best friends of mine who I love dearly and never get tired of.
This Green Smoothie is a great way to start off your morning, as a snack after you exercise, or even an on-the-go light lunch! I call it my power smoothie because it’s packed with so much healthy goodness and keeps you full, so you’re not craving potato chips as badly.
Green Smoothie Recipe
You wouldn’t think that a combination of spinach, banana, grapes, and pineapple juice would taste good. But it does. It really does! Those ingredients, along with plain Greek yogurt and a little honey are what make up this simple smoothie.
Are green smoothies good for you? YES! 100% YES. Check out these details:
- Spinach: Spinach is a superfood; loaded with nutrients and low-calorie. It’s important for skin, hair, and bone health. Spinach leaves also provide essential protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals.
- Green grapes: Green grapes are packed with nutrients, especially vitamins C and K. One cup of grapes provides more than a quarter of the RDI for vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin vital for blood clotting and healthy bones.
- Banana: Bananas contain several essential nutrients and provide benefits for digestion, heart health, and weight loss.
- Pineapple juice: Natural pineapple juice is low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals. It also has enzymes and antioxidants that offer even more health benefits.
- Honey: Honey is rich in antioxidants and several studies have actually shown that it may improve your cholesterol levels.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is packed with protein and probiotics, is rich in potassium and calcium, and high in vitamin B-12. It’s a lot thicker than regular yogurt; similar to the consistency of sour cream. And it’s tangy, with more flavor. It doesn’t taste non-fat, even though it is. Super win.
You Can’t Taste The Spinach!
How to Make a Green Smoothie
As with most smoothies, you place all the ingredients in a blender, put the lid on, and blend until smooth and your desired consistency is reached. We recommend putting the liquids in first and the ice last (or in this case, the frozen grapes and frozen bananas, which take the place of ice.) Pour into tall glasses and enjoy. This green smoothie does have a looser consistency, so if you want it thicker, add in a cup of ice cubes and blend until smooth.
To make this green smoothie recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card. Make sure to refer back to the article for all the helpful information!
Other Smoothie Recipes
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
BEST Green Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup green grapes , frozen
- 1 small banana , cut into chunks and frozen
- Put pineapple juice, Greek yogurt, and spinach into a blender; blend until spinach is fully incorporated.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- NOTE: This smoothie has a slightly looser consistency. If you want it thicker, add in a cup of ice cubes and blend until smooth.
Reader Questions and Reviews
A great and healthy change at the end of summer !