This Grasshopper Parfait recipe is a fun twist on Grasshopper Pie and is really easy to make, but looks so fancy. Make it kid friendly using peppermint extract or an adult version with Creme De Menthe. Either way, it is rich, creamy, quick, no-bake, and crazy delicious!
Hey heeeey! Happy Saturday! I’m about to take my kiddos shoe shopping (also known as “come home with all the slime supplies and Lego sets, but no shoes” shopping.) But before we head out, I wanted to share this Grasshopper Parfait recipe with you. I made them yesterday. Needless to say, they’re awesome.
Not shocking, though since 1) I adapted them from my popular Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Parfaits which are huge family favorite, and 2) one of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and mint. Because…YUM.
They’re rich, creamy, and light. And so easy! The green makes them fun and festive for St. Patrick’s Day, spring time, or even Christmas (don’t scoff – it’s be back before you know it!)
Ever had Grasshopper Pie?
If you love Grasshopper Pie, you will love these Grasshopper parfaits too. Granted, I made a few alterations. Traditional Grasshopper pie is made with marshmallows, creme de menthe liqueur, and creme de cocoa. I went with cream cheese and peppermint extract (to keep it kid-friendly.)
There are actually a couple fun ways you could change this up and still keep the same look and refreshing flavor.
- Omit the extract and substitute the regular Oreos for Mint Creme Oreos.
- Ditch the Oreos entirely and use Girl Scout Thin Mints
- Use creme de menthe liqueur for an adult version or peppermint extract to keep it kid-friendly.
Watch the video for Grasshopper Parfait
Other Parfait Recipes We Love
- 15 whole double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar , divided
- 8 ounce package cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- green food dye
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse several times until crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until it starts to thicken; slowly add in 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar. Continue to mix until thickened and stiff peaks form. (Do not overheat or it will become thick and clumpy.) Pour into a bowl; set aside.
- In the same bowl (no need to rinse out), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Continue mixing and add in the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and milk. Beat until well combined.
- With a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, until just combined.
- Add in a few drops of green food coloring and fold until no white streaks remain.
- Alternate the cheesecake mousse with the cookie crumbs in small tumbler glasses. Continue layering depending on the size of your glasses.
- Serve right away or chill for later and enjoy!
Variation #1 - omit the extract and substitute the regular Oreos for Mint Creme Oreos.
Variation #2 - omit the extract and replace the Oreos with Girl Scout Thin Mints.