These Almond Joy Yogurt Parfaits have the flavors of the classic candy bar, but without the guilt! Such a quick and easy recipe for breakfast or bunch.
I didn’t think anything could possibly replace my favorite overnight oatmeal or chia seed pudding that I’ve been eating in the mornings for years now. But, you guys. These Almond Joy Yogurt Parfaits
nudged shoved their way in. I love them so much.
I’ve sort of been hoarding containers of Safeway’s Open Nature Greek Yogurt, which comes in black cherry, strawberry, mixed berry, peach, key lime, plain, and vanilla. All the flavors are extra creamy with a luscious texture, and crazy delicious!
Their Greek yogurt is perfectly great on its own, but I put their vanilla to good use in these yogurt parfaits.
Ingredients I used for these Yogurt Parfaits
- Open Nature vanilla Greek yogurt
- Open Nature sliced almonds
- O Organics honey
- O Organics coconut flakes
- Signature semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
These Safeway products are all top notch, but so affordable.
How to Toast Coconut
You can use sweetened coconut flakes or you can toast them, which is my preference for these breakfast parfaits. It lends a richer nuttier taste, crunchier texture, & a beautiful golden hue. If you don’t know how to toast coconut, it’s super easy to do!
- Using a small nonstick skillet, spread coconut out and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until flakes are mostly golden brown; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate or bowl to cool.
Coconut can burn very easily, so don’t rush it by turning up the heat and trying to go faster.
Toasted coconut can be stored in an air tight container up to a month, so you can make it ahead of time and have it ready for these parfaits.
Almond Joys are one of my favorite candy bars, but I can’t snack on those without hating myself. No guilt with this yogurt, though! Plus, they’re done in 5 minutes, so there’s no need to even make them ahead of time!
This recipe was developed by me for Safeway whom I have an ongoing awesome relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Get all the products featured in this post at your local Safeway. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
Almond Joy Yogurt Parfaits
- 5 ounce container Open Nature vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon O Organics honey
- 1 tablespoon Open Nature sliced roasted almonds , divided
- 1 tablespoon Signature mini chocolate chips , divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes , divided
- Spoon half of the yogurt into the bottom of a small tumbler. Drizzle with the honey.
- Sprinkle half of each of the almonds, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes on top. Repeat layering once with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve cold and enjoy!