These Mini Funfetti Cupcakes featuring frosting, sprinkles, coconut, and M&Ms are a fun springtime or Easter bite-sized treat and super easy to make!
More ways to enjoy FunFetti include our Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies and Funfetti Dip!
Funfetti Easter Cupcakes Recipe
Aren’t these mini cupcakes super cute? Made with a simple batter that’s speckled with rainbow sprinkles, and rising just above the cupcake liners, they have a moist and tender crumb. Then topped with frosting, dyed coconut as grass, and M&Ms candies.
They’re a super easy and fun bite-sized dessert, perfect for any Easter Sunday buffet table or spring time celebrations.
You only need a handful of common ingredients to make these Funfetti cupcakes.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
For the Cupcakes
- All-purpose flour – Spooned and leveled to avoid excess flour in the batter.
- Baking powder – This gives the cupcakes a soft and light texture and allows them to rise over the top of the cupcake liners.
- Salt – For flavor.
- Butter – We prefer unsalted butter to control the saltiness.
- Granulated sugar – For sweetness.
- Egg – To give the cupcakes structure.
- Whole milk – Milk helps ensure the cupcakes are nice and moist. 2% would be ok, but avoid fat-free.
- Vanilla – Just a splash for added flavor.
- Sprinkles – The fun of “funfetti”! You can use rainbow or pastel colored sprinkles.
- Whipped vanilla frosting – For ease, you can just buy a container of frosting (Duncan Hines or Better Crocker is fine) or use your favorite homemade recipe.
- Sweetened shredded coconut – We like the sweetened coconut flakes, but you can use unsweetened, if you prefer.
- Green food dye – A few drops of green food coloring is kneaded into the coconut flakes to make it look like grass!
- Pastel M&Ms – These add fun, festive color to suit Easter or springtime.
How to Make Mini Funfetti Cupcakes
- Make the batter. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in the sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla. Then add in the flour mixture until combined. Gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Fill mini paper liners. Using a small cookie scoop, divide batter among 24 mini muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
- Bake. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Make the “grass”. Place coconut flakes in a small bowl or bag along with a couple dots of green food dye. Gently knead to combine and coat all the coconut. Place in a shallow bowl.
- Decorate. Frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes and immediately press down (but gently) into the dyed coconut. Press a few mini M&Ms into the top. Serve and enjoy!
How Long to Bake Mini Cupcakes?
These mini cupcakes bake at 350F for 12 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Be sure not to overbake them or they will end up dry.
Since these mini cupcakes are frosted, they should to be stored in the refrigerator. Keep them in an airtight container, so that they don’t dry out. Bring to room temperature for best taste and texture and eat within 4 days.
More Mini Desserts:
More Easter Desserts:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Easter Mini Funfetti Cupcakes
For The Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour , spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- green food dye
- 1 cup whipped vanilla frosting
- Mini M&Ms or Easter candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 24-slot mini muffin tin with mini paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in the sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla. Then add in the flour mixture until combined. Gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Using a small cookie scoop, divide batter among the muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Place coconut in a small bowl or bag along with a couple dots of green food dye. Gently knead to combine and coat all the coconut so it looks like grass. Place in a shallow bowl.
- Frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes and immediately press down (but gently) into the green coconut. Press a few mini M&Ms into the top. Serve and enjoy!
Reader Questions and Reviews
These cupcakes came out so cute!
Made these with my girls for a fun baking day – they came out so cute and tasted great!