These Easy Mini Lemon Tarts are small fillo shells filled with a lemon custard and topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut!
Last weekend was delicious!
Sister Jen hosted Passover, as usual, although this time my mom passed the torch, making her explain the seder plate #nopressure. (But in true mom form, she printed everything out on index cards. So much for hardball!)
Anyway, my mom’s chopped chicken liver will bring you to your knees, friends. I don’t care what anyone says. And Jen made the best matzo ball soup with the richest broth. Mine whimpers in comparison.
For Easter Sunday, I made my favorite honey-orange glazed ham, along with rice pilaf, and sesame green beans. Ohmygoodness. So good!
Although, now I have four pounds of left over ham to find a home for. Breakfast enchiladas, split pea soup, and sandwiches for two weeks, it is!
I also made these easy mini lemon tarts. I’m such a sucker for anything lemon!
Everyone loved them. And why not? Tart, delicate, bite sized, and light. Eating
four nine of them was effortless.
other lemon desserts we love
Mini Lemon Tarts with Toasted Coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 (1.9 ounce) boxes Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- whipped cream ,for serving
- toasted coconut flakes ,for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, flour, salt, and lemon zest until combined and smooth.
- Arrange Fillo shells on a baking sheet. Fill each shell with the lemon filling, almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until custard has set.
- Remove from oven and let tarts cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature or chill for later, topped with a little dollop of whipped cream, toasted coconut, and lemon zest!
Other Mini Desserts you might like!