Mini Cheesecakes with a buttery graham cracker crust, and a dollop of your favorite jam. The perfect sweet bite at just over 130 calories each!
I just can’t handle the fact that Jon Stewart is no longer doing The Daily Show.
I was completely in denial when he announced his retirement months back, thinking nope, this is all some big joke. But then, as the days inched closer to the final show, I knew it was happening.
I got visibly irritated and whiney. Paul was like, “Maybe Trevor Noah will be good.” And I was like, “Trevor…who? I don’t know this Trevor. And he is no Jon Stewart.” *stomps feet*
Then the final episode came. And I cried. I freaking cried over Jon Stewart! And Paul was like, “Babe. It’s ok.” And I was like, “It’s so not ok! Hush!”
Clearly this is not as bad as when Dan Stevens decided to leave Downton Abbey and nobody knew…until he died! And we were like, “Did Matthew just die? He DID NOT just die????”
I’m still recovering from that one.
At least we had time to process Jon Stewart leaving. Or so I’m told.
Ok. But then… THEN I found out that The Comedians got cancelled after only one season. That show was brilliant. But The Strain got picked up again << garbage!
What is going on????
To put salt in the wound, I just finished the 8th and final season of Weeds. *sob* Admittedly, they sort of jumped the shark after the first few seasons, and it got somewhat silly. But I still loved it. That show forced me out of bed in the morning and on the treadmill for two months, at least. Now I need to find a replacement.
I can’t take it.
Mini cheesecakes, friends. It’s where it’s at when Cable TV makes you mad. And sad. HA.
These are the perfect bite when you want something sweet, but don’t have room for an entire slice, or are trying to watch your weight. Without the jam, they’re only 130 each!
I feel better already.
Mini Cheesecakes with Jam
- 1 cup fine graham cracker crumbs (about 7-8 full sheets)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 8 ounce package cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- assorted jams
- muffin cup liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper liners into a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the graham cracker crumbs and mix to combine with a fork. Evenly distribute the graham cracker mixture into each muffin cup (approximately 1 heaping tablespoon); press gently.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together with a handheld mixer, until smooth. Add in the egg; beat until combined. Spoon evenly over graham cracker crusts.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until centers are set. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove paper liners; top each with 1 teaspoon of your favorite jam.
0riginally from Taste of Home