You only need 2 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this Olive Spread. It can be used as a dip with crackers or as a sandwich spread and is perfect for game day, an after school snack, or a last minute appetizer if you have unexpected guests!
Olive tapenade is also a real winner, for the true olive lover (like me!)
My mom has been serving up this olive spread since I was a kid, but I only recently found out from her how simple it is. It’s crazy how just 2 little ingredients can produce something so good, but they do!
Olive Spread Recipe
All you need are two ingredients! Cream cheese and pimiento-stuffed green olives. You simply place both ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and the preferred consistency is reached.
What Type of Olives to Use
While you can make this olive dip with any type of olive, my absolute favorite way is to use pimiento-stuffed green olives. The flavor combination of cream cheese, green olives, and sweet peppers is just fantastic.
But play around with different types of olives and see which you like best. You can also adjust the amount you use to achieve your preferred balance of flavor.
What to Serve with Olive Spread
Olive spread is thick and creamy. Here are our favorite ways to use it:
- Enjoy as a dip, served with (sturdy) crackers, or carrots and celery sticks.
- Serve as an appetizer with a sliced baguette.
- Use it as a sandwich spread or on a burger!
Keep this olive dip stored in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks.
I often make a double batch so we have it to snack on throughout the week.
Other Olive Recipes To Try!
Easy Olive Spread
- 8 ounce package reduced fat cream cheese
- 7 large pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Place both ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and the preferred consistency is reached.
- Serve with (sturdy) crackers, carrot or celery sticks, a sliced baguette, or as a sandwich spread.