This Cherry Fluff recipe combines maraschino cherries, crushed pineapple, and mini marshmallows all folded together in a sweet, cream cheese mixture. It’s an easy and irresistible side or light dessert, perfect for Easter brunch, springtime, and summer potlucks!
For more ways to enjoy cherries, don’t miss our popular Cherry Dump Cake and Cherry Limeade.
Easy Cherry Fluff Salad
This cherry fluff (aka cherry fluff salad or cherry cheesecake fluff) is a fun spin-off of my popular cranberry fluff recipe and is very similar to watergate salad as well.
There are many variations on this dessert salad, but we love ours best! The base is made up of a sweetened cream cheese mixture with maraschino cherries, crushed pineapple, marshmallows, and pecans all folded in, adding flavor and texture to each and every bite.
Cherry fluff can be served as a quick and easy cherry dessert recipe or as a side dish. It’s a lovely treat at any Sunday brunch, holiday get together, and summer potluck.
This easy cherry dessert requires just 8 ingredients.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Cream cheese – It should be at room temperature so it’s easy to blend with the other ingredients.
- Heavy whipping cream – The base of the homemade whipped cream.
- Powdered sugar – Sweetens the whipped cream. Avoid granulated sugar or the mixture will be grainy.
- Maraschino cherries – Drain the jar but reserve 1 tablespoon of juice. You’ll also want to remove the stems and chop them roughly.
- Vanilla – Adds a light flavor to the fluff.
- Crushed pineapple – Press and drain the pineapple well to avoid watering down the fluff.
- Mini marshmallows – A fun, sweet treat hidden in the cherry dessert that softens as the dish sets.
- Chopped pecans – Adds some textural crunch to the dish.
How to Make Cherry Fluff
This easy cherry dessert requires just a few minutes of prep. The hardest part is simply waiting for it to chill!
(Don’t miss the easy printable recipe card below with all the details.)
- Make the whipped cream mixture. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, then add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, cherry juice, and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients. Fold in the maraschino cherries, pineapple, marshmallows, and pecans until combined.
- Chill. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve. Gently stir the cherry fluff, then transfer to a serving bowl and top with maraschino cherries.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few helpful tips and variations for your cherry cheesecake fluff.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. If the cream cheese is still cold, it will be harder to blend and you may end up with lumps in this dish.
- Use Cool Whip. You can replace the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar with a tub of thawed Cool Whip, if desired.
- Let it chill. As tempting as it may be to dive right in, you’ll get the best flavor and texture from your cherry fluff if you allow it to chill first, which also allows time for the marshmallows to soften. 2 hours is the minimum but 6 hours (or overnight) is ideal.
Video: Cherry Cheesecake Fluff
There are two ways I like to serve this cherry fluff salad – the first is just to transfer all of it to a serving bowl and top it with whole maraschino cherries. The second is to make little cherry cheesecake fluff parfaits by spooning individual portions into dessert cups and then topping them with piped whipped cream, chopped pecans, and maraschino cherries. Both are lovely!
- Can you make cherry cheesecake fluff in advance? You can make this fluff recipe up to 2 days ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Make sure to stir it again before serving.
- Can you freeze cherry fluff? This particular recipe does not freeze well due to the real whipped cream. Once thawed, it deflates and becomes watery.
More Light and Creamy No-Bake Desserts:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
- 8 ounce brick cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounce jar maraschino cherries (drained with 1 tablespoon juice reserved, stems removed, roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (completely pressed and drained)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add in the heavy cream, powdered sugar, maraschino cherry juice, and vanilla; whip until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chopped maraschino cherries, crushed pineapple, marshmallows, and pecans; mix well until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight.)
- Give it a gentle stir, then transfer to a serving bowl and top with some whole Maraschino cherries (or serve portions in dessert cups and top with piped whipped cream, chopped pecans, and a couple of Maraschino cherries.)
- Serve and enjoy!