Mini phyllo shells are filled with jam, brie cheese, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds, making these Jam and Brie Phyllo Bites an easy and beautiful holiday party appetizer!
Easy Brie Phyllo Bites Appetizer
Made with just six ingredients, including jam and brie cheese, they’re an incredibly tasty appetizer with a sweet, creamy filling, topped with crunchy nuts, in a light crisp shell. The mini phyllo shells make them super easy to make, too – no fighting with sheets of phyllo dough drying out or tearing.
Here’s what you need to make these phyllo bites.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Brie cheese – Remove the rind and cut into tiny cubes.
- Fig jam – If you can’t find fig jam, apricot jam is a great substitute in this recipe.
- Toasted Walnuts – Chop them very small.
- Pomegranate arils – These delicate seeds have a mild, sweet flavor with a slight tartness.
- Orange zest – The flavor of orange pairs well with fig jam.
- Mini Phyllo Shells – You’ll need 1 box (1.9 ounces) I prefer the Athens® brand.
How to Make Brie Phyllo Bites
It’s so easy to make this mini phyllo appetizer recipe in just a few simple steps. Here’s a brief summary:
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Fill the phyllo shells. Place phyllo shells on top of a parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill each shell with a tiny bit of jam, a cube of brie, and a few walnut pieces.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for about about 10 minutes until phyllo is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cool and garnish. Remove from the oven; top with some pomegranate seeds and orange zest. Serve right away and enjoy!
These are best served warm and enjoyed right from the oven. They don’t store well as the phyllo dough loses its crunch after one day and the filling will continue to harden in the shell.
More Holiday Appetizers:
Jam and Brie Phyllo Bites
- 1.9 ounce package of mini phyllo shells
- 3 tablespoons fig jam
- 3 slices brie cheese , rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the 15 mini phyllo shells on top of a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Fill each shell with 1/2 teaspoon jam, cube of brie, and a few walnut pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 10-11 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven; top with some pomegranate seeds and orange zest.
- Serve right away and enjoy!