Creamy Pumpkin Pecan Strudel Cups are like little mini pumpkin pies in fillo shells. Super easy, bite size, and delicious!
Just like apples, I make pumpkin recipes all year round. I just love it. My pantry is a testament to that.
I stock up on the canned pumpkin puree. You know, because of that pumpkin shortage scare of 2011, one can never be too careful.
And pie. Because, well…pie. Who gets tired of pie? (If you say you do, we can’t be friends.)
So it only stands to reason that I will never get tired of these little pumpkin pecan strudel cups. Because the pumpkin…and they’re like little bite-sized pies.
Also, because I sort of have a love/hate relationship with fillo dough, I took all the hate out of the equation and used the fillo cups. (So much easier and faster, and no dried up torn fillo, which saved my kids from listening to me say bad words.)
All love right here. 100% grade-A love.
Other pumpkin recipes we love!
Pumpkin Pecan Strudel Cups
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 packages (1.9 ounce each) mini fillo shells , thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 ounces cream cheese , cut into small cubes
- whipped cream , for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Place fillo cups on nonstick baking sheets. Sprinkle a little of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on the inside of each cup, followed by a few pecan pieces and a cube of cream cheese, and finishing with a heaping teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until fillo is golden and cream cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.