Easy sweet and salty French Quarter Cheese Spread. Topped with sugared pecans, it makes a festive appetizer for holiday gatherings!
Well, I guess anything named after the French Quarter is bound to be naughty, right?
And this French Quarter Cheese Spread really is.
But you don’t need to draw your blinds to enjoy it! HA.
Sister Jen made it for Yom Kippur last month and I had to force myself to slowly back away from the counter or I wouldn’t have room for dinner. Crazy good. Even Haley and Trevor, who aren’t big cream cheese fans, begged me to let them “ruin their appetite.”
I’ve since made this countless times during the year, and always revisiting it over Thanksgiving. Everyone looks forward to it.
It’s the perfect sweet and salty combo and makes a festive appetizer for holiday get togethers. For convenience, you can make it ahead of time, then bring it to room temperature before serving.
French Quarter Cheese Spread Video
Other cheese appetizers
French Quarter Cheese Spread
- 8 ounce package cream cheese ,softened
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 clove garlic , finely minced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- assorted crackers ,for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, and garlic. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-inch disk. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- Cool slightly. Spoon over cheese. Serve with crackers.