Rounds of baked pie crust are topped with sweetened cream cheese, fresh fruit, and toasted almonds for these easy Berries and Cream Mini Fruit Tarts.
These Berries and Cream Mini Fruit Tarts are a super simple dessert that’s perfect for any summer day. Rounds of baked pie crust are topped with sweetened cream cheese, fresh fruit, and toasted almonds. Individual serving size makes this recipe easy to serve and eat, and lovely enough for a brunch or holiday. Blueberries and raspberries make them perfect for 4th of July!
My Dad doesn’t really care for pie crust (we don’t usually speak of this), so my mom never ever makes a double crust when baking pies. But I love crust so much, that I have actually made a pie crust without filling it and eaten it as a snack. (We don’t usually talk about that either. Ha.)
Take these pie crust chips, for instance. Um…YUM. And now these little Mini Fruit Tarts. Also yum!
Ingredients You need for this Mini Fruit Tart Recipe
- pie dough (homemade or store bought)
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries
- fresh blueberries
- sliced almonds
You simply cut out 2 1/2-inch circles from your pie dough, bake, and cool. Make your cream cheese mixture, then spread it on the pie crusts, and top with the fresh berries and sliced almonds. So easy!
- Use different fruit – instead of raspberries and blueberries, try strawberries, blackberries, or sliced peaches.
- Swap out the almonds for pecans or chopped up macadamia nuts.
- Add in some lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture or sprinkled on top of the berries.
- Brush the berries with a citrus glaze like I did with my Dessert Fruit Pizza recipe. Do it!
Can frozen berries be used?
My preference for these mini pie tarts is to use fresh berries. Frozen berries, once thawed, will release liquid and make the cream cheese mixture wet and possibly the pie crusts soggy.
Can I make these Fruit Tarts ahead of time?
You can prepare the pie crusts and cream cheese topping up to 1 day in advance. Keep the cooked and cooled crust at room temperature, covered tightly. Keep the cream cheese topping in the refrigerator, covered tightly, and then allow it to soften slightly at room temperature for easier spreading. Frost and assemble your fruit the day of serving and keep chilled until ready to serve.
These are a simple and delicious treat to make all summer long, whether it’s just your family or if you can get together with friends. The red, white, and blue make them fun for the 4th of July!
Other fruit desserts we love
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake (foil packets!)
- Strawberry Pie
- Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits (Red, White, and Blue!)
- Fruit Pizza
- Fruit Kabobs
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Berries and Cream Mini Fruit Tarts
- 2 homemade pie crusts (or a 14 ounce package refrigerated pie dough)
- 8 ounce brick cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds , toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut each with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter to make 16 circles. Transfer to ungreased nonstick baking sheets; prick holes in the dough circles with a fork.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Spread (or pipe) cream cheese mixture over cooled pie crust; top with berries, pressing slightly to adhere (2-3 raspberries and about 4 blueberries.) Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!