Make use of those last few teaspoons in the mustard container!
We love mustard over here. Yellow, Dijon, golden, spicy brown…you name it, I use it.
But with most store-bought brands, you’re always left with a few teaspoons clinging to the bottom or sides, impossible to get out.
Rather than just waste it, I make my own vinaigrette right there in the container. It tastes great, uses up the last bit of mustard that usually gets thrown away, and you immediately have a built-in vessel to store it in.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- few grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 3 teaspoons honey
- remaining teaspoons of Dijon mustard left in a 12 ounce container
- Add all ingredients to the mustard container, close lid, shake for a few minutes until smooth and thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Store back in the refrigerator.