Roasted Parmesan Creamed Onions – sliced onions are roasted in a Parmesan, cream, and wine bath making every bite absolutely luscious!
You know those dishes where only half of it actually reaches the table…because you kept taking a taste? Ya. This gets filed in that category. I loved this so much, I made it two nights in a row.
If caramelized onions make you happy, this one is a must. Sliced onions are roasted in a Parmesan, cream, and wine bath; the sauce permeates each onion ring and makes every bite luscious.
Silly onion. How can you be so bitter and make me cry, but then turn around to be so sweet and make me smile? You may play a supporting character more times than not, but I know you’re the real genius behind the starring role.
- • 4 medium to large sweet onions, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- • 3 tablespoons olive oil
- • Salt & pepper
- • 1 cup heavy cream
- • 1/4 cup of white wine
- • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Carefully place onions onto parchment lined baking sheets, keeping the rings intact. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the onions are roasting, place the heavy cream and wine in a small saucepan and simmer until it starts to bubble around the edges. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once onions are removed from oven, raise the temperature to 450.
- Carefully transfer them to a shallow baking dish, again, keeping the rings intact. Slowly pour the cream sauce over all the onions. Sprinkle each onion with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes, letting the onions get brown and caramelized.
as seen on The Cutting Edge of Ordinary