Rich delicate salmon is combined with horseradish, lemon, and seasonings, then topped with a refreshing tangy yogurt-dill sauce to create these hearty, yet light salmon burgers. Super easy and delicious!
Think salmon is only good for fancy meals? Think again. Finely diced and combined with lemon, scallions, and horseradish, it is perfect served on a bun. Broiling them creates a yummy brown crust without added fat.
My favorite part is that the fish isn’t mashed or ground up like you usually find in salmon burgers.
No wait. My favorite part is the Greek yogurt, which adds some tanginess.
Um. Hold on. My favorite part is that these are so easy to prepare and on the table in less than 30.
You know what? It’s all good.
Salmon Burgers with Greek Yogurt and Dill
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3 scallions , diced
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 buns , split and toasted
- baby arugula , for serving
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- With a sharp knife, slice salmon into small cubes (about 1/8-1/4 inch.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the horseradish, lemon juice, egg, scallions, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Gently fold in the salmon.
- Form salmon mixture into 4 equal portions, about 3 1/2 inches round and 1 inch thick. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil, without turning, until browned on top and opaque throughout, 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and dill in a small bowl; season with bit of salt and pepper. Serve burgers on buns with yogurt-dill sauce and arugula.