This refreshing frozen Watermelon Slushie recipe is made with fresh watermelon fruit, lemon sorbet, ice, and vodka for a grown up drink. Simply omit the booze for kids. It’s so easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day!
Easy Frozen Watermelon Slushie Drink
About 20 years ago, we were at my friend’s house. Her son, who was about four years old at the time, had a stomach ache so bad that he could barely move. Flu? Getting kicked with a soccer ball? Growing pains? No. This was caused by eating too much watermelon. He loved it so much that he would eat until he was in pain.
To this day, I can never talk about watermelon, be around watermelon, or eat watermelon without thinking about that afternoon. Lol. Isn’t it crazy the things that stay with us?!
My kids love watermelon, too. My entire family does and gets so excited for summer when it’s back in season. One of the first things we make is this Watermelon Slushie! I include some vodka for the adults and 7UP for the kids. Everyone gets straws, through…because straws are fun!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this watermelon slushie recipe.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Seedless watermelon
- Lemon sorbet
- Crushed ice
- Vodka (simply replace with lemon lime soda or omit for a kid-friendly drink)
How to Make a Watermelon Slushie
Got 5 minutes? Then you have time to make this slushie recipe! You simply place all ingredients in the blender and process until smooth. Pour into individual tumblers and enjoy! (Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
More Watermelon Recipes:
More Summer Drinks:
- Homemade Lemonade
- Frosted Lemonade
- Wendy’s Frosty
- Shirley Temple Ice Cream Float
- Pineapple Sunrise Mimosas
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup lemon sorbet
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2-3 shots vodka (see note)
- Place all ingredients in the blender (in the order listed.)
- Pulse ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into individual tumblers and enjoy!NOTE: For a kid-friendly drink, just replace the vodka with lemon-lime soda or simple omit.