This Orange Creamsicle Slushy is a healthier version of the popular summer popsicle, but just as delicious and refreshing! You only need 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make it.
More recipes with that glorious creamsicle flavor include our orange creamsicle truffles, orange creamsicle jello mold, and orange creamsicle scones.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
It can reach well over triple digits in the summer where I live. Those are the weeks my oven gets ignored and the freezer is fully stocked with ice cream and popsicles. I also keep a bag of different frozen chopped fruits on hand for smoothies and frozen orange cubes to make this orange creamsicle smoothie. You only need 2 other ingredients to whip one up. It’s reminiscent of the classic orange creamsicle popsicle, but healthier and drinkable. So refreshing on a hot day!
You only need 3 ingredients to make this Creamsicle Slushy:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Orange juice – This gets frozen and takes the place of ice cubes.
- Vanilla yogurt – Plain or Greek, depending on how tangy you want the overall taste to be.
- Honey – For just a little natural sweetness to balance out the tart orange juice.
Make it Boozy!
How to Make an Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Like most smoothies, you place all the ingredients in a blender, put the lid on, and blend until smooth and your desired consistency is reached. The one difference with this orange smoothie is the orange juice is frozen in ice cubes trays to make flavored ice and creates the slushy. To make this smoothie recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card.
More Smoothie Recipes:
- Banana Smoothie – you get fiber, protein, and caffeine all in one with added coffee. It’s SO good.
- Strawberry Smoothie – this smoothie is creamy, luscious, and dessert-like, but is actually healthy and perfect for breakfast.
- Blueberry Smoothie – packed with fruit, yogurt, and raspberry sorbet. YUM.
- Peach Smoothie – only 4 simple ingredients, with a triple dose of peach flavor!
- Orange Julius – Like the drink you used to get at the mall! It’s a cross between a drink, milkshake, and smoothie – it tastes like a creamsicle!
II hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
- 1 2/3 cups orange juice , divided
- 12 ounces (2, 6 ounce containers) vanilla bean yogurt (plain or Greek)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pour 1 1/3 cups orange juice into an ice cube tray; freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
- Empty cubes into a blender and combine with the remaining 1/3 cup orange juice, yogurt, and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Serve into cold tumbler glasses and enjoy!Boozy option: Add in a splash of vodka or rum for an adult slushy.
Reader Questions and Reviews
This was so amazing! It literally tastes like an Orange Julius! Also, I put a whole single serving container of yoplait vanilla yogurt
Very good and creamy. Delicious.
I used some orange juice frozen concentrate to skip a step. Easy and delicious.
I did this, too!
I replaced this honey with agave since I’m allergic. This was so simple and refreshing!
This sounds awesome! I’ll have to make this for my husband this summer. He loves pineapple. I’ve bookmarked the page to come back. :)
Yum! I want this for breakfast during the upcoming HOT holiday weekend (yes, even here in MN it’s been steamy).
Great photography, too.
Yes, I remember the two days a year it would get hot there. Lol.
These slushies were a perfect treat for me and the kiddos for an afternoon in the pool! I just kept them on ice in a little mini cooler.
Oh god, the humidity is a killer! Ugh.
A little tart, a little sweet. 100% refreshing and delicious.