This Orange Creamsicle Slushy is a healthier version of the popular summer popsicle, but just as delicious and refreshing! You only need 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make it.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
It can reach well over triple digits in the summer where I live. Those are the weeks my oven gets ignored and the freezer is fully stocked with ice cream and popsicles. I also keep a bag of different frozen chopped fruits on hand for smoothies and frozen orange cubes to make this orange creamsicle smoothie. You only need 2 other ingredients to whip one up. It’s reminiscent of the classic orange creamsicle popsicle, but healthier and drinkable. So refreshing on a hot day!
You only need 3 ingredients to make this Creamsicle Slushy:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Orange juice – This gets frozen and takes the place of ice cubes.
- Vanilla yogurt – Plain or Greek, depending on how tangy you want the overall taste to be.
- Honey – For just a little natural sweetness to balance out the tart orange juice.
Make it Boozy!
How to Make an Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Like most smoothies, you place all the ingredients in a blender, put the lid on, and blend until smooth and your desired consistency is reached. The one difference with this orange smoothie is the orange juice is frozen in ice cubes trays to make flavored ice and creates the slushy. To make this smoothie recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card.
More Smoothie Recipes:
- Banana Smoothie – you get fiber, protein, and caffeine all in one with added coffee. It’s SO good.
- Strawberry Smoothie – this smoothie is creamy, luscious, and dessert-like, but is actually healthy and perfect for breakfast.
- Blueberry Smoothie – packed with fruit, yogurt, and raspberry sorbet. YUM.
- Peach Smoothie – only 4 simple ingredients, with a triple dose of peach flavor!
- Orange Julius – Like the drink you used to get at the mall! It’s a cross between a drink, milkshake, and smoothie – it tastes like a creamsicle!
- 1 2/3 cups orange juice , divided
- 12 ounces (2, 6 ounce containers) vanilla bean yogurt (plain or Greek)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pour 1 1/3 cups orange juice into an ice cube tray; freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
- Empty cubes into a blender and combine with the remaining 1/3 cup orange juice, yogurt, and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Serve into cold tumbler glasses and enjoy!Boozy option: Add in a splash of vodka or rum for an adult slushy.