For these Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef Tacos, meat cooks all day in an awesome tomatillo salsa, then shredded, and topped with ripe avocado and tangy lime juice. So good!
My trial and error with slow cooker recipes continues. I’ve made so many now that are just…disappointing. Bland. Some are even down right awful.
Which means if I’m sharing a slow cooker recipe, we must have loved it. And we did! These Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef Tacos have it all going on.
No cream of soup. No soggy vegetables. Just juicy and delicious meat that’s been soaking in an incredible bath of flavor for eight hours. Awesome meal to come home to after a long day at work!
If you have a preference toward enchiladas, this beef can be put to great use in my Salsa Verde Shredded Beef Enchiladas, too!
And definitely check out my Salsa Verde Chicken Bake, which only requires a few pantry ingredients, 5 minutes of prep, and one pan! Perfect for busy weeknights.
Other Slow Cooker Meals We Love!
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef Tacos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast , trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounce jar salsa verde
- 1 medium sweet onion , sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic , smashed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 16 whole high quality corn tortillas , warmed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado , diced
- 2 small limes , quartered
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high. Season the beef with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, per side, to a nice golden brown.
- Transfer meat to the slow cooker; add the salsa, onion, and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks and stir with the liquid.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, place some of the meat in each tortilla, topped with some sour cream, avocado, and a sprinkle of cilantro and lime juice.