These Easy Banana Muffins are light and tender, with fresh banana throughout. Made in just one bowl, this quick and simple recipe comes together in no time! Perfect for brunch or breakfast on the go!
Since I always seem to have overly ripe bananas that need to be used up, we alternate between my ultimate banana bread (<< seriously THE BEST) and these Banana Muffins.
Several years ago I took my favorite Blueberry Muffins and converted them with bananas. They became an immediate family favorite!
What Makes These Banana Muffins So Great
- Delicious: made with ripe bananas and a splash of vanilla, they have the perfect amount of sweetness and overall flavor.
- Texture: They are light and fluffy and still moist on the inside.
- Little mess: You only need one bowl to make these, which means less to clean up!
- Quick and easy: They are so quick and easy, you can whip up a batch even on the busiest of mornings.
How to Make Banana Muffins
These are the easiest muffins to make!
*Don’t miss the complete details in the printable recipe card below.
- Use overly ripe (a lot of black!) bananas. This will deliver the best natural sweetness with plenty of banana flavor, but also provide moisture.
- Thoroughly mash those bananas. This makes it easier to test for doneness.
- Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together for tender texture.
- Don’t over mix! It can make your muffins tough.
- Don’t over bake. Check the muffins a couple minutes before the directed bake time (some ovens run hot!) You want barely moist crumbs, no wet batter.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon into the flour mixture.
- Add some fun extras to the batter, like half a cup of chocolate chips or half a cup of chopped walnuts. Or a little of both!
- Dunk the muffin tops in a glaze! Whisk together some powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until drizzling consistency.
How to Store Banana Muffins
Like most baked goods, these are best enjoyed fresh, but will remain soft at room temperature for a couple days.
Can you freeze banana muffins? Yes, these freeze beautifully. Allow to cool completely and place in a freezer-safe bag. They freeze well up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat up (if you prefer) before serving.
Watch them Being Made
Other Banana Recipes We Love
- The Absolute BEST Banana Bread Recipe
- Homemade Banana Pudding
- Turon (Banana Spring Rolls)
- Banana Smoothie
- Fried Bananas
- And for your puppy! Banana Dog Treats
Easy Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana, (about 2 small bananas)
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a 12-slot muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup, add the vegetable oil and egg. Then fill to the 1-cup mark with the milk. Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour mixture and stir to combine (do not over mix.)
- Fold in the mashed banana.
- Evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Eat and enjoy!