These Easy Banana Muffins are light and tender, with fresh banana throughout. Made in just one bowl, this quick and simple recipe comes together in no time! Perfect for breakfast on the go!
Do you ever go about your day only to finally look at the clock and find it’s 11 in the morning…aaaand you’re still in your pajamas?
Contrary to what a lot of people think of self-employment and working out of one’s own home, this is actually very rare for me! I’m usually up at 5am, go for a run, shower and all that, check messages before waking up the kids, and then work about a 12 hour day.
But. When it’s the first official day of summer break we’re all a little off in the mornings Which is when I like to get these one-bowl banana muffins in the oven for something quick!
I think it was actually at the end of last summer when I became obsessed with my One-Bowl Blueberry Muffins. They were a total lifesaver for those rushed school mornings. Well, I started using bananas in them instead, and they have become a family favorite. And since I always seem to have overly ripe bananas that need to be used up, these get made a lot.
What Makes These Easy Banana Muffins So Good
- They are light and fluffy and still moist on the inside.
- You only need one bowl to make these, which makes clean up super easy!
- They are so easy, quick, and practically mess-free, you can whip up a batch even on the busiest of mornings.
Tips for tender banana muffins
- Use overly ripe (a lot of black!) bananas. This will deliver the best natural sweetness with plenty of banana flavor, but also provide moisture.
- Thoroughly mash those bananas. This makes it easier to test for doneness.
- Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together for tender texture.
- Don’t over mix! It can make your muffins tough.
- Check the muffins a couple minutes before the directed bake time (some ovens run hot!) You want barely moist crumbs, no wet batter.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon into the flour mixture.
- Add some fun extras to the batter, like half a cup of chocolate chips or half a cup of chopped walnuts. Or a little of both!
- Dunk the muffin tops in a glaze! Whisk together some powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until drizzling consistency.
You’re going to love these banana muffins so much. Light and tender, and so flavorful!
What To Eat For Breakfast With These Easy Banana Muffins
Other banana recipes you might enjoy!
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Banana Bread Muffins
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- Sheet Pan Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
watch the video for Easy Banana Muffins
One-Bowl Easy Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana, (about 2 small bananas)
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a 12-slot muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup, add the vegetable oil and egg. Then fill to the 1-cup mark with the milk. Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour mixture and stir to combine (do not over mix.)
- Fold in the mashed banana.
- Evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Eat and enjoy!