All the classic pizza goodies put into sliders, with a killer sauce that coats the buns as they bake. These Pizza Supreme Sliders are a great crowd pleaser for parties or game day, or serve with a salad for an easy weeknight dinner!
Easy Pizza Sliders Recipe
These sliders have it going on. Layered with classic pizza toppings, drizzled with a buttery sauce, and baked so it all clings together by the melted gooey cheese. So good! And I’ve decided that I pretty much want to put marinated artichokes on everything now.
Whether it’s for game day, or you’re having friends over, or it’s a usual busy weeknight and you need something easy for dinner, these Pizza Supreme sliders are always delicious and never disappoint.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these yummy, cheesy sliders:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Hawaiian rolls – The texture of sweet Hawaiian rolls holds up well to the juices when baked.
- Marinara sauce – Classic red sauce, of course. We use our homemade marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese – We love mozzarella cheese for these sandwiches, which is smooth and mild.
- Classic pizza supreme toppings – Pepperoni, green bell pepper, and sliced black olives. We also add in some marinated artichoke hearts, which are not traditional, but the added zing they bring is delish!
- Buttery topping – Grated Parmesan, olive oil, vinegar, butter, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes are mixed together, then poured over the rolls before they bake.
Tips and Variations
For the best pizza supreme sliders, keep these tips in mind.
- Do not pull the rolls apart. The rolls should all still be connected when you slice them in half. Do not pull each roll apart separately.
- Wait a few minutes before cutting. With almost any sliders I make, I like to let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes for the cheese to firm up just a bit. It makes cutting so much easier.
- Switch up the ingredients. While this recipe calls for mostly classic pizza supreme ingredients, you can easily substitute them as desired. Provolone cheese can be used in place of the mozzarella and different cured meats can replace the pepperoni slices.
How to Store Leftovers
These sliders are best enjoyed hot and fresh, but you can store leftovers for a bit.
- How to store leftovers. Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in foil in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- How to reheat leftovers. I recommend reheating the sliders in the oven to crisp the bun up as much as possible. Reheating in the microwave is going to lead to a soggier bun.
More Slider Recipes
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Sliders
- Meatball Sliders
- Hawaiian Pork Sliders
- Reuben Sliders
More Pizza Recipes
Pizza Supreme Sliders
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- 1 package (12 count) sweet Hawaiian rolls
- 1 cup marinara sauce , divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 14 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts , drained and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper , seeded and diced very small
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives , drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the grated Parmesan, olive oil, vinegar, butter, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Do not pull the rolls apart. Instead, using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half (like you would a bagel) so you have a top and bottom "slab."
- Place the bottom layer into the prepared baking pan, cut side up, then spread with half of the marinara sauce.
- Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, pepperoni, olives, and finish with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Spread the remaining marinara sauce on the cut side of the top slab of rolls and place onto the sandwiches.
- Slowly and evenly pour the oil/butter mixture over the rolls. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the baking pan, return the sliders to the oven and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes until rolls are golden.
- Let rest for 5 or so minutes, then cut into individual sandwiches and serve immediately.