These Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders are always a hit with everyone! Made with sweet rolls, salty ham, melted swiss cheese, and an incredibly delicious honey-mustard sauce. Bonus, start to finish is only 25 minutes – what’s not to love!?
When serving these for dinner, they go great with a simple side salad and sweet potato fries for a complete meal.
Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders
I probably make these ham and cheese sliders once every other week, either for lunch or dinner. They’re so quick and easy! They’re also a favorite for game day when we have friends over and a perfect use of leftover holiday ham.
What You’ll Need
Here are the sandwich ingredients:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Deli ham (or leftover holiday ham, sliced thin)
- Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley
- Everything seasoning
- Sweet Hawaiian rolls
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
These ham and cheese sliders are ridiculously easy to make. Here’s a brief summary:
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for all the complete details.)
- Slice the rolls: Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half (like you would a bagel) so you have a top and bottom “slab.” Place the bottom layer into a greased 9×13 pan, cut side up.
- Layer the ingredients: Layer half of the ham onto the rolls. Next, layer the Swiss cheese over the ham, and top with remaining ham slices. Place the top slab of rolls onto the sandwiches.
- Make the sauce: Combine melted butter, mustard, honey, Worcestershire, dried parsley, and Everything seasoning. Slowly pour mixture over the rolls.
- Cover and bake: Cover the pan with foil and bake. Remove foil and bake a few minutes more.
Make Ahead and Storage
- Prep ahead: Sandwiches can be assembled up to 1 day ahead of time (without the sauce) and kept in the fridge until ready to bake. Due to the mayo, I don’t recommend more than 1 day or the bread will get soggy. Once ready to bake, pour the sauce over the top as directed.
- Leftovers: These are best eaten fresh from the oven, but any leftover sandwiches should be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator and eaten within a couple days. To reheat, tent loosely with foil and warm up in the oven.
More Sandwich Recipes:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Everything seasoning
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (12 count) sweet Hawaiian rolls
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, mustard, honey, Worcestershire, dried parsley, and Everything seasoning.
- Do not pull the rolls apart. Instead, using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half (like you would a bagel) so you have a top and bottom "slab."
- Place the bottom layer into the prepared baking pan, cut side up, then spread with the mayo.
- Layer half of the ham onto the rolls. Next, layer the Swiss cheese over the ham, and top with remaining ham slices. Place the top slab of rolls onto the sandwiches.
- Slowly and evenly pour the butter mixture over the rolls. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the baking pan, return the sliders to the oven and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes until rolls are golden.
- Cut into individual sandwiches and serve immediately.
Reader Questions and Reviews
This was delicious. My husband ate three. Use left over ham from Christmas dinner, baked roll from Rhodes bread dough, honey mustard mix from fridge and sliced Swiss cheese. Will make again
I made these sliders for a Christmas party, and they were the favorite appetizer of the evening. I just sent several friends the link to the recipe! Thank you!
I am making these for dinner for the second night in a row. I’ve also made them a couple of times for a crowd and they are a BIG hit. Thank you for this recipe!
These were so simple and incredibly delicious – my grandbabies gobbled them up. I think I will try cutting the recipe in half next time since there are only two of us usually.
Thank you for sharing these yummy little sliders – they were an instant hit with my family and SO easy to make!
LOVE these hot ham and cheese sliders…we live off of tis recipe come football season!