With just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, this Peach Dump Cake is one of the easiest desserts ever! Serve with some vanilla ice cream for a quick but crazy delicious treat for summer or anytime throughout the year.
Easy Peach Dump Cake Recipe
If you’re looking for a super delicious dessert this summer that’s practically effortless, keep this Peach Dump Cake recipe in your back pocket!
Dump cakes are a ridiculously easy dessert, without any batter to make or chopping up ingredients. They’re typically made with canned fruit topped with cake mix and butter. This particular version incorporates peach pie filling and also some vanilla and cinnamon. It’s so good.
Just dump (a la “dump” cake) the ingredients into the baking dish, pop it in the oven, and you’ll have an awesome dessert to enjoy in under an hour.
Just 5 ingredients go into this peach pie filling dump cake.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Peach pie filling – Our star ingredient. 2, 21 ounce cans.
- Vanilla extract – Some vanilla always make desserts more delicious.
- Cinnamon – Adds a nice warm flavor.
- Yellow cake mix – For the topping.
- Melted butter – Helps create the crisp, golden top.
Here are some ways to customize it.
- Switch up the cake mix topping. Vanilla, white, or even spice cake mix can be used instead of yellow, if preferred.
- Add in some nuts. Finely chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans can be added to the filling for some textural crunch and another flavor level.
- Include some caramel sauce. A drizzle of our caramel sauce recipe in this dessert is amazing.
- Make it with canned peaches. You can substitute two 15.25 ounce cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup for the peach pie filling, if necessary. The baked fruit filling just won’t be as thick and gooey.
How to Make a Peach Dump Cake
This dump cake recipe comes together in a few quick steps.
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Add the peach layer. Pour the peach pie filling into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Stir to combine and smooth out the filling into an even layer.
- Add the cake mix. Sprinkle the cake mix over the peach filling.
- Add the butter. Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake. Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Let rest for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Drizzle the melted butter all over the top!
Video: Peach Dump Cake
Peach dump cake is best served warm or at room temperature, but you do want to let it sit for at least 15 minutes out of the oven before serving. Otherwise, it’s super hot!
I love to top my dump cake with vanilla ice cream. Some other yummy toppings are whipped cream, caramel sauce, powdered sugar, or even white chocolate chips (then the chocolate chips get all melty on top!)
How to Store, Freeze, and Reheat
- Storing leftovers. Leftover peach dump cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just cover the baking dish with foil or transfer to an airtight container.
- Reheat. To reheat, pop a serving in the microwave for 30 seconds or so, until warm.
- Freeze. You can also freeze your dump cake for up to 3 months. Wrap in plastic wrap and again in foil. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
More Peach Recipes:
- Best Peach Pie
- Peach Dumplings
- Mini Peach Pies
- Peach Yogurt Parfaits
- Creamy Peach Smoothie
- Peach Freezer Jam
Peach Dump Cake
- 2 cans peach pie filling (21 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup salted butter , melted
- vanilla ice cream , for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour the peach pie filling into the baking dish. Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Stir to combine and smooth out the filling into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the filling.
- Pour the melted butter all over the top, and try to saturate as much of the cake mix as possible.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbly. Let sit for 15 minutes and serve with some vanilla ice cream!