This quick and easy Peach Jam recipe is wonderful on toast, with cream cheese and crackers, or even ice cream. Prepped in just 15 minutes!
Easy Peach Jam Recipe
Yay for peach season! Which means…homemade peach jam. Woot! Thanks in part to our neighbors.
We adore the gal who lives behind us…and her garden, which apparently is filled with unicorn tears and pixie dust because it is always flourishing. I swear I think their sunflower plant and tomatoes grow two feet a day.
They also have a gorgeous peach tree….which happens to fall over the fence into our yard. She considers it community property and tells us to just pick what we want >> love her.
I always put some of of those fresh peaches to great use in this peach jam recipe. It’s the perfect sweetness and texture, so easy to make in just 15 minutes, and stores incredibly well either in the fridge or freezer.
You only need 5 ingredients, plus water to make this peach jam recipe.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Peaches – Use fresh ripe peaches for optimal results. Frozen fruit tends to produce runny jam. If you must use frozen fruit, get them into the pot before they thaw; the faster they defrost, the less juice escapes the peaches, which will help the jam thicken up. Although it still might be thinner than intended.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar is best for jam-making. You might be able to use a sugar substitute like Splenda, but I have not tested it and can’t vouch for results.
- Lemon juice – To set properly, jam needs the right balance of acid and pectin. Since peaches are a low-acid fruit, you need lemon juice.
- Vanilla extract – Adds some extra flavor.
- SURE-JELL fruit pectin – The gelling agent and a must for homemade jams and jellies.
How to Make Peach Jam
This homemade peach jam is so easy to make in just 15 minutes.
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Combine ingredients in a pot. Place diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and water in a medium pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the pectin. Sprinkle in the fruit pectin, stirring until dissolved and continuing to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and stir for 1 more minute.
- Mash it up. Mash the mixture with a potato masher or handheld immersion blender until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to jars. Ladle the jam into 8 ounce glass canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch clearance from the top.
- Cool and chill. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Seal with the lid and place in the refrigerator overnight to solidify.
Video: Peach Jam
This jam is so wonderful on toast or crepes, with cream cheese on crackers, cottage cheese, and even ice cream!
This jam can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for 1 year! If frozen, allow to thaw in the refrigerator before using.
More Condiment Recipes:
- Red Pepper Jelly
- Raspberry Jam
- Tomato Jam
- Lemon Curd
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Homemade Ricotta
- 3 cups peeled finely diced fresh ripe peaches
- 1 & 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 & 3/4 ounce (1 box) SURE-JELL fruit pectin
- Place diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle in the fruit pectin, stirring until dissolved and continuing to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and stir for 1 more minute.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher, or handheld immersion blender, until desired consistency is reached.
- Ladle the jam into 8 ounce glass canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch clearance from the top.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour. Seal with the lid and place in the refrigerator overnight to solidify.