This Quick and Easy Peach Freezer Jam recipe is wonderful on toast, with cream cheese and crackers, or even ice cream. Prepped in just 15 minutes!
Yay for peach season! Which means…peach jam. Woot! Thanks in part to our neighbors.
Do you like your neighbors? Our current house (and hopefully our last!) is on a fairly quiet street and surrounded by great people. (Having experienced crummy neighbors before, we never take it for granted. It really does negatively impact your life.)
We adore the gal who lives behind us. We don’t completely understand her living situation, but we know that her husband is working overseas, causing her to single parent for an undetermined amount of time. So, she called in reinforcements – her parents!
They’re visiting (well, more like moved here temporarily) from China. And apparently, they brought unicorn tears and pixie dust with them, because while my garden is struggling and basically on the verge of calling it a day, their garden is flourishing and totally showing off in the shortest amount of time. I swear I think their sunflower plant and tomatoes grow two feet a day. It’s crazy.
They also have a gorgeous peach tree….which happens to fall over the fence into our yard. She considers it community property and tells us to just pick what we want >> love her.
I put some of them to great use in this freezer jam.
What is the consistency of this Freezer Jam?
All freezer jams have a looser consistency than regular jams do. The texture for this particular recipe falls somewhere in between a typical jam and a fruit sauce – thick enough to spread, but loose enough to drizzle on ice cream.
How To Store Peach Freezer Jam
This jam can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for 1 year! If frozen, allow to thaw in the refrigerator before using. (This jam is not shelf stable or meant to be stored in the pantry.)
This jam is so wonderful on toast, with cream cheese on crackers, cottage cheese, and even ice cream!
other homemade condiment recipes we love!
Quick and Easy Peach Freezer Jam
- 3 cups peeled finely diced fresh ripe peaches
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3/4 ounce (1 box) SURE-JELL fruit pectin
- Place diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle in the fruit pectin, stirring until dissolved and continuing to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and stir for 1 more minutes.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher, or pulse in a food processor, until desired consistency is reached.
- Ladle the jam into 8 ounce glass canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch clearance from the top.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour. Seal with the lid and place in the refrigerator overnight to solidify.
- All freezer jams have a looser consistency than regular jams do. The texture for this recipe falls somewhere in between a typical jam and a fruit sauce - loose enough to drizzle on ice cream, but thick enough to spread.
- This jam can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for 1 year! If frozen, allow to thaw in the refrigerator before using.