Simple Mini Tortellini Kabobs are a great antipasto appetizer when you’re just snacking at home with the family or having friends over. They are a guaranteed crowd pleaser at your next get together – everyone loves them!
Or go big with an entire Antipasto Charcuterie Board!
An Easy Antipasto Appetizer
Little antipasto skewers are always a big hit. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat! Ha. We love their versatility, too, using your favorite Italian deli meats and cheeses. These particular ones are made with salami and provolone. My family goes sort of bonkers every time I make them.
Whip them up a few hours before you need them, so the pasta can marinate and absorb all that awesome flavor from the dressing.
Tortellini Kabobs Ingredients
You’ll need just 4 ingredients plus everything for the homemade Italian dressing.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
For the Dressing
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Seasonings: garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, cracked red pepper flakes, and black pepper
For the Kabobs
- Refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Provolone cheese slices
- Salami slices
- Pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Hate olives? Use a cherry tomato instead.
- Try a different cheese. Instead of Provolone, try Swiss or Mozzarella.
- Use another cured meat. Swap out some of the salami for pepperoni.
How to Make Mini Tortellini Kabobs
These antipasto skewers are so easy to make. You just want to give yourself several hours so the pasta can marinate. Then it’s just a matter of assembly.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for complete details and don’t miss the video below.)
- Make the dressing. Start by making the Italian Dressing and set it aside.
- Prepare the pasta. Cook the cheese tortellini according to package direction; drain and rinse under cold water. In a plastic ziploc bag, combine the tortellini and salad dressing; seal bag and refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight.) Then drain tortellini and discard the marinade.
- Assemble. On a toothpick, thread pasta, salami (folded in half, and then in half again), and 1-2 slices of cheese, followed by an olive. Serve and enjoy!
Make Ahead and Storage
- Make Ahead: You actually want to make these at least a few hours before you serve them (ideally overnight), so everything can marinate. The dressing can be made ahead of time; store in a sealed container in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature and shake well before using.
- Storing leftovers: Any extras should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eaten within 3 days.
More Italian Appetizers and Snacks:
Mini Tortellini Kabobs
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- pinch of cracked red pepper flakes
- pinch of black pepper
For the Kabobs
- 8 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces provolone cheese (6 thin slices), cut into small squares
- 50 thin slices salami
- 50 pimiento-stuffed green olives
- To make the dressing, put all of the ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake vigorously until well blended and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a plastic ziploc bag, combine the tortellini and salad dressing; seal bag and refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight.)
- Drain tortellini and discard the marinade.
- On each toothpick, thread pasta, salami (folded in half, and then in half again), and 1-2 slices of cheese, followed by an olive.
- Serve and enjoy!