Simple Mini Tortellini Kabobs with a tangy Italian flair. Guaranteed crowd pleaser at your next party!
Whether you’re into football or not, you can’t deny that the Superbowl is fun, if for no other reason than an excuse to have friends over. And of course, eat a variety of bite-sized food.
Dips, sliders, nachos, caramel corn, chili…the list goes on. Which should now include these Mini Tortellini Kabobs. My family is sort of bonkers over them.
I tested them out for Superbowl, but they were such a hit with the family, that I made them again the next day. And then again the following week. We’ll be enjoying these long after football season is over – the kids have already requested I put these in their lunch boxes. Dare I say, “Touchdown!” (I know…forgive me. It was like low hanging fruit.)
- If olives aren’t your thing, try replacing them with a cherry tomato.
- Instead of Provolone cheese, try Swiss or Mozzarella!
- Swap out some of the salami for pepperoni.
Can these kabobs be made ahead of time?
Yep! You actually want to make these at least a few hours before you serve them (ideally overnight), so everything can marinate. The dressing can be made ahead of time; store in a sealed container in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature and shake well before using.
Make these! You’ll love them.
Other Easy Appetizers you might like!
Watch the video for Mini Tortellini Kabobs
Mini Tortellini Kabobs
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- pinch of cracked red pepper flakes
- pinch of black pepper
For the Kabobs
- 8 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces provolone cheese (6 thin slices), cut into small squares
- 50 thin slices salami
- 50 pimiento-stuffed green olives
- To make the dressing, put all of the ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake vigorously until well blended and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a plastic ziploc bag, combine the tortellini and salad dressing; seal bag and refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight.)
- Drain tortellini and discard the marinade.
- On each toothpick, thread pasta, salami (folded in half, and then in half again), and 1-2 slices of cheese, followed by an olive.
- Serve and enjoy!