Mini Pancake Muffins loaded with lemon flavor, a raspberry in the middle, and dusted with powdered sugar. Delicious and perfect for breakfast on the go!
While I sit here in 90 degrees and a tank top, and the Midwest and East Coast are still gathering up kindle for a fire, I thought I would post some mini pancake muffins. Because breakfast food fits everyone’s needs, regardless of the weather.
Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
I love them both, but I think pancakes tip the scales just slightly. And you all know how much I love “mini” food. These Mini Pancake Muffins are perfect on both counts.
They’re fluffy, a little sweet, a little tart, and finger food for my kids to eat on the way to school. When we’re running late. Not that that ever happens *cough*
Other Muffins we love!
Mini Pancake Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- juice and zest from one large lemon
- 24 fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar , for serving
- honey , for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 24 cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter; whisk together until just combined.
- Fold in the lemon juice and zest.
- Fill each muffin well with batter 3/4 full. Place a raspberry on top of each muffin and gently press down.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes and then gently run a dull knife around edges to release and remove.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, warmed butter, or honey.