Gooey Apple Cinnamon Rolls is a super easy cinnamon roll casserole that can be enjoyed for breakfast or even dessert!
There’s nothing like fresh homemade cinnamon rolls. But sometimes lazy weekends call for lazy food…and also when it’s perfectly acceptable to serve something decadent for breakfast!
That’s where these Gooey Apple Cinnamon Rolls enter the picture.
It uses packaged cinnamon rolls, which are thrown together in an easy and delicious casserole.
You just quarter the cinnamon rolls, dice the apples, whisk together the sauce, mix it all together, and then bake in a pie plate.
Drizzle the icing that came with the package over the top and you’ve got ooey gooey cheater cinnamon rolls that your family will thank you for.
And since it is February, everyone has abandoned their New Year’s resolution diet, right?
I don’t make resolutions…or diet. So I’m in the clear, either way. Lol.
I do believe in exercising regularly, eating most food in moderation, and cinnamon. A LOT of cinnamon.
And I whole-heartedly believe I will be making these rolls again. Big hit over here!
other cinnamon rolls recipes we love
Other comfort food apple recipes we love!
Gooey Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- 12 ounce can Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1 cup small diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate cinnamon rolls and cut each one into quarters, so you have 24 pieces. Place in a large bowl. Gently toss in the apples and pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup until well blended.
- Add syrup mixture to the dough mixture; toss gently to combine, making sure everything is well coated.
- Transfer to the pie plate, spreading out the mixture evenly.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a deep golden brown and the cinnamon rolls are cooked through.
- Microwave icing on high for about 10-15 seconds; drizzle over rolls.
- Serve and enjoy!
adapted from Pillsbury